Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Diesel Swap

Quote Originally Posted by bigjsp View Post
    I think that the odds are against you if this is your first ever swap. Very few people can help as its not a kitted swap, plus complexities of Diesel and Turbo and vegatable Oil conversion and a limited budget.

On the plus side TI28 appears to have many answers

Get all your plans, save your money then buy all the pieces at once and do it. Buying a piece here and there will make recovering your money harder if you do back out since the parts will be so specific.
    i have to agree that this isnt something you see everyday.but the engine he is lookin into is a very simple motor! the biggest issue i see with the swap would be fabbing up motor mounts and trans crossmember. but as for fitment its no bigger than a smallblock. to tell you the truth with looking at these motors all day long it seems to be just a little smaller then a small block!and since i am around them a lot i could help him out a lot with questions pertaining to the motor but as far as mounting its a figure it out as you go type thing.and i could take a lot pics and measurements for refrence points for him! sorry for the novel and bad spelling most likely.

note:thanks for the compliment big!

Thanks for the continued suggestions... big and ti. As far as fabrication goes for motor and tranny mounts, I can barely weld, much less make motor and tranny mounts. The swap will be done by a shop, at least as far the mounting fab. goes. Budget will not be all that limited, as I will soon be cooking on a cruise line where there are basically no expenses, and nothing but money in the bank. And im not saying that the swap will be done ASAP. Its my new project, so it may take a while. but this swap WILL GET DONE.
    2000 Blazer 2 door 5 spd. unfortunately stock except for some door and rear speakers and a CD player.

95 4 Door Blazer - Shaved:handles,antenna,roof rack, taillights, LEDs and license plate in the tailgate - smooth rollpan - bagged up front - lowered 5" in the back - WRECKED : (

Few shops are ready or will be reasonable for this install since it is non standard, IMO.

Send your self to a welding class then you will have a skill that you can alway use. Mild steel is relatively easy once you get a little training.

Your paying to have this swap done?
    as big said good luck finding a place, and if you don youll need even better luck not to be charged out the ass..

Im not here to be an ass, but people have to realise that a motor swap, especially this one isnt an easy task...and no mattier how much research youve done your goin to run into problems and unexpected costs... thats why tehre are so many project out there that get started but never finsish...
    Good luck but i have my doubts (prove me wrong)

Blaze
    I will do it for you just tow your roller to NC and I will make it Happen for you.
    I am an ASE Tech and in the process of getting my final parts for my 350 swap. I just worked on that same w4500 at work today that would be cool and those are easily upgradeable turbos also.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by panda_man22 View Post
    Your paying to have this swap done?
    as big said good luck finding a place, and if you don youll need even better luck not to be charged out the ass..

Im not here to be an ass, but people have to realise that a motor swap, especially this one isnt an easy task...and no mattier how much research youve done your goin to run into problems and unexpected costs... thats why tehre are so many project out there that get started but never finsish...
    Good luck but i have my doubts (prove me wrong)
    wow...you really are an asshole. the REASON this site exists is to help people who are doing things they have questions with. thats why we're all here; to help people out by sharing information they don't have themselves.

good luck blazedmonop, could be the most exciting swap yet :evil:

im with big, dont spend the money on having a shop do it, take the class to learn to weld, might take longer but not always a huge deal, its cool to be able to say u urself did it, that also opens up some doors for you down the road in doin other hsti
    [|||-]~[яıdє]-[аиd]-[dєѕтяоу]~[-|||]

did you ever get the diesel in?