Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I finnally got one. A 2nd gen for my next victim

Quote Originally Posted by 03dirtydime View Post
    You need to get a can of auto strip and we'll take it off and go to a car wash with the hood to take all the ugly paint off of the hood, the roof is a different story though....all hand sanding...yay...hurry up and bring it by the house so we can shave it up!!!
    Yeah I'm hoping to be able to bring it by and do some on it. I do have the auto strip but it didn't really seem to work on the beretta I had. But I do have some.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

Just a update. I've got some mirrors to put on in the am since one of mine fell off. I've done a few things to it and will post new pics tomorrow sometime. Hope ya like it. The mirrors I got for it are better looking then the m3's on my 88 blazer and I think they will make it look really good. peace.

Check out my ride.

Ok Here's a few new pics. They're not perfect but it does look better. I still have to take off the pin stripes but I don't have any sand paper or primer so I have to stop for now. I've got the new mirrors on it and they look good. They're about the same size as the stock ones but they have a sporty look to them. Now I can see whne I change lanes. lol

Check out my ride.

If those pinstripes are painted on, EasyOff oven cleaner will take them off and not hurt the paint underneath. You may be able to see where they were from the sun fade of the rest of the paint. A little polishing / buffing should blend it. I saw this done on a truck a friend of mine bought with lettering from the previous owner / company. Turned out good. Try it on a small area. It could save sanding and priming for now, especially if repainting the whole thing is not in the near future.

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    The pin stripe should be a sticker, scratch n peel. Its the same one that was on mine just a different color.

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

Quote Originally Posted by toals View Post
    If those pinstripes are painted on, EasyOff oven cleaner will take them off and not hurt the paint underneath. You may be able to see where they were from the sun fade of the rest of the paint. A little polishing / buffing should blend it. I saw this done on a truck a friend of mine bought with lettering from the previous owner / company. Turned out good. Try it on a small area. It could save sanding and priming for now, especially if repainting the whole thing is not in the near future.
    Hey thanks I'll keep that in mind. But they do look like they were added and they are stickers. I'm not gonna paint it soon till I can get the top taken care of. It's got to much rust. I'm not really totally worried about the paint. I just want to keep it looking ok foir now so it don't look too bad when I go out on a date. But I'm hoping to paint it next year. Just not sure when. I was wondering tho would a heat gun help me any?

Check out my ride.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorKaos View Post
    The pin stripe should be a sticker, scratch n peel. Its the same one that was on mine just a different color.
    The straight ones I'm not sure about but the others that shape a image and faded on there pretty bad. But I'm hoping the pin stripes down the side won't be painted on and won't be too hard to do. I'm just enjoying the results so far it looks alot better. Thanks.

Check out my ride.

They should be stick-on.

Check out http://www.goodspeedmotoring.com/?page=decalremoval

I wouldn't use the eraser tool though...might damage the paint if you aren't careful.

BbB

Hey thanks for the tip. I'm hoping to have time soon to take it all off. Just got to find me a heat gun. Thanks again.

Check out my ride.

The weather's probably still warm enough in Alabama to let it sit out in the hot sun for a few hours, then just get a hairdryer...

After you get the adhesive gunk removed, use a good cutting wax to blend, then a good finishing wax to seal. You should be good to go...upload pics when you're done.

Is it just the picture or is your front wheel in the wrong position bent suspension maybe?
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

Quote Originally Posted by slammins15 View Post
    Is it just the picture or is your front wheel in the wrong position bent suspension maybe?
    Um I dunno. It drove fine but I have some sad news. I had to let it go back to the dealer. The trans went out last night and I've worked on it for the last 4 weeks since I got it and I'm just not gonna put more money in it. I've put in enough already. I'll have to get another one sometime later in life. Thanks again guys.

Check out my ride.

Wow. At least you could take it back to the dealer.

Yeah I know. I wish I could have kept it. I really wanted something nice for my kids and I to ride in. It was nice. But just needed too much work after what I have already put in it. I guess it just wasn't meant to be this time. Maybe next time.

Check out my ride.