Thread: electrical problem, need help.

electrical problem, need help.

today i went and got an oil change, then come home and turn off the truck. my passenger headlight was on. looked around for possible exposed wires and didnt see anything. then i notice my tail lights are on. with the truck on, i have no brake lights. im thinking possibly the ignition switch? any ideas?

could be bad brake light switch. i would start by checking for a short and take it from there.
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

would that cause my headlight to stay on also? ill check it out.

i also forgot to mention that i pulled the fuse for the passenger headlight to turn it off and when i did it just got dim, but now the drivers light was on too. then i pulled every fuse for the brake lights and i only got the passenger one to go out.

wtf! well the circuit must be getting power after the fuse then.. so i'd look for a short after the fuse..

thanks guys, i figured it out. apparently while riding at about 40 psi my tire was rubbing against some wires and fuckin melted them together. i got all the lights fixed and functioning properly but now my fuckin door solenoids arent working. so tomorrow im gonna re wire it all since it was done sorta sloppy the first time. hopefully that fixes it.