Thread: help bringing the blazer back to life...

help bringing the blazer back to life...

so i searched the forum and read the how tos and such, but im not certain how to pull my core support. i understand how to do it but i cant get the first rad piece thing out (pardon my lack of knowledge on this particular subject) i need some help on how to pull the rad looking piece out of the middle of the support, i understand the rad in front of the fan just lifts outta rubber gromets and moves freely but im stuck on this other piece, any help and advice much appreciated, sorry for long post
    p.s> is now a good time to convert to elec fans? if so what would be my best bet? both economically and quality wise
    [|||-]~[яıdє]-[аиd]-[dєѕтяоу]~[-|||]

sounds like the a/c condensor is what your trying to remove.the only way to do that is discharge the system.

it looks like a smaller rad , its inside the core support, in front of the rad. how hard is it to discharge system ?

you can have it done by a shop or just pull the shradder valve out and vent it to the atomosphear

perhaps a pic of said valve? my old support is mouse holed to the point its like swiss cheese, can i cut off the top and life the ac condesensor out and jsut slide it into the new one ? whats the reason i have to discharge it?
    thanks for your help. im dyin without a car and working on it every spare moment
    i can snap a pic right now for ya if that helps

um i cant get a pic! but you might be able to undo all the bolts and move it to the side!

The Baby Seal Says: drewdaddyblazin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ride and destroy View Post
    perhaps a pic of said valve? my old support is mouse holed to the point its like swiss cheese, can i cut off the top and life the ac condesensor out and jsut slide it into the new one ? whats the reason i have to discharge it?
    thanks for your help. im dyin without a car and working on it every spare moment
    i can snap a pic right now for ya if that helps

The tubes are bolted to each other so you have to take them off in order to pull the condenser off. So that means if you un do the nuts, its giong to release freon... DO NOT DO THIS... Releasing even just that little bit is bad for our atmosphere... Its also against the law...

A shop could evacuate it for you with their vaccum pump... I doubt it would cost a whole lot... Also, you could harm yourself if that freon hits your skin or eyes, it will freeze em instantly...

Then there is a couple little mounts you have to undo to pull it out.. This will require you to take the radiator out (look at the corners of the condensor to see the little rubber mounts...
    (08:25:41 PM) AndySeals355: shes one of those jesus loves everyone types lol
    (08:25:42 PM) Zachary188: when she's ontop you'll have the cross necklace hitting you in the face!
    (08:25:49 PM) AndySeals355: LMFAO

I'll Pull It Out... WannaSeeMeJimmy's Avatar
    I took mine to a shop and they didn't charge me anything to discharge the system because they save and sell the freon to some company.
    Freon = Cash
    Then I just converted to R134-A

Damn The Splashing... I'm Jumpin' In Head First!
    Http://www.myspace.com/TwelveStringSosa

got it all out and such a while back, just not sure if new support is even for a blazer cause it sure isnt even the right year.