Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hal Coilovers Are In. FORGET ABOUT BELLTECH

Hal Coilovers Are In. FORGET ABOUT BELLTECH PICS ADDED 10/13/07

Well called josh at autofabracecars.com got the hal s10 kit with the 450lb springs, pressure washed the truck and sprayed it all flat black under it and brakes satin black. I hate it when you put wheels on and trucks undercarriage looks like shit or just in general i keep my cars clean undercarriage and all.

Truck stock was at 32/32.25 with 235 70 15. Now with spindles and coilovers in front its at 27.25. Rear with belltech 3 inch leafs and JTR 1.5 blocks its at 27.75 from ground to fenderlip. Now with 235 60 16 would be 26.75 front and 27.25 rear. 245 45 17 would be 26 inches and rear 26 3/4.

New rotors/hawk pads should be here next week

Heres some pics of the front and rear

Last edited by NORCAL SS; 10-14-2007 at 01:14 AM.

Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    so the lowest it goes is the same as a 3'' drop?
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

yes lowest point 3 inch drop (thats with 450lb springs) with 350lb springs prob get 1/2 to 3/4 inch more drop at lowest point.

btw with 235 70 15 and spindles and these coilovers in set at lowest point im at 27 from ground to fenderlip. In rear with 3 inch leafs im at 29 inches. Im going to put a 1 inch block in with a 4 degree shim should bring me to about 27 3/4 and lift the front a little. I have 255 40 20/295 40 20s coming.
    Last edited by NORCAL SS; 10-01-2007 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerINtheWork View Post
    so the lowest it goes is the same as a 3'' drop?
    With the ART shockwave tubular lowers you can get another couple of inches. I estimate I'm about 5" lower than stock with coilovers + lowers. Although they are another couple hundred through Summit.
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    With the ART shockwave tubular lowers you can get another couple of inches. I estimate I'm about 5" lower than stock with coilovers + lowers. Although they are another couple hundred through Summit.
    Quick question what size tire do you have in front and what do you measure from ground to fenderlip?? with 235 70 15 and spindles and coils at the lowest setting im at 27 inches.

BTW i got the rear shocks ready to go into the truck when i get home that along with a 4 degree shim and 1 inch block.

Quote Originally Posted by NORCAL SS View Post
    Quick question what size tire do you have in front and what do you measure from ground to fenderlip?? with 235 70 15 and spindles and coils at the lowest setting im at 27 inches.

BTW i got the rear shocks ready to go into the truck when i get home that along with a 4 degree shim and 1 inch block.
    I'm not counting tire height in my drop, but I'm running 245/40R17 up front and 275/40R17 in the rear. Back is dropped 4.5" using 3" angled blocks and xtreme leaves and is still higher than the front by quite a bit (I think my stock shocks are holding it up some). That is why I estimate I have about 5-6" drop up front with the double adjustables and a 350 lb/in spring.

I won't have fender lip measurements until this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    I'm not counting tire height in my drop, but I'm running 245/40R17 up front and 275/40R17 in the rear. Back is dropped 4.5" using 3" angled blocks and xtreme leaves and is still higher than the front by quite a bit (I think my stock shocks are holding it up some). That is why I estimate I have about 5-6" drop up front with the double adjustables and a 350 lb/in spring.

I won't have fender lip measurements until this weekend.

Yah 235 70 15 vs a 245 40 17 is a difference of about 3.25 inches. Now a tire that is 10 inches taller than another will only lift the truck 5 inches so seeing that 3.25 inches/2 is 1.625 inches. Im at 27 inches with stock tires so if you have a 5 inch drop on yours should be at about 25 3/8 inches with that tire and a 5 inch drop. If its lower than you have more than 5 and if its higher less than 5. Im interested what yours sits at.

My truck with 3 inch drop leafs in rear is at 29 inches and front is at 27 inches with same size tire.

I'm at 25.5 inches in the front and 28 in the back.

I surprised myself and had a tape measure in my toolbox at my apartment.

Long Island Native Freakin Rican's Avatar
    do they make coilovers for 4x4's? so we can get rid of the keys

Im pretty sure the only coilover kit for a 4wd would be the one for Sy-Tys but i cant remember who the company is. just do a search for it i know 98low4x4blazer (Ben) had the upper and lower arms from that same kit so he can tell ya the company.

And NORCAL SS, post some pics of ur truck please lol

JS Manufacturing made them 1st but no longer makes them:

http://gallery.jsmanufacturing.com/m...m&g2_itemId=59

RPM now sells a very similar kit..

http://www.raceprovenmotors.com/cart...products_id=74

And now for the good news... You can use your stock arms by simply trimming some extra material away:

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49528

-Matt

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    JS Manufacturing made them 1st but no longer makes them:

http://gallery.jsmanufacturing.com/m...m&g2_itemId=59

RPM now sells a very similar kit..

http://www.raceprovenmotors.com/cart...products_id=74

And now for the good news... You can use your stock arms by simply trimming some extra material away:

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49528

-Matt
    you bet me too it, but that is all correct
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

this might seem like a stupid question but I was wondering if using coil overs gives you a smoother ride, I am dropped 3/3 with springs in the front and blocks in the back and my truck rides bumpy as hell, would coil overs make that much of a difference, also would drops leaves instead of blocks make a difference in the rear?

Quote Originally Posted by dube2 View Post
    this might seem like a stupid question but I was wondering if using coil overs gives you a smoother ride, I am dropped 3/3 with springs in the front and blocks in the back and my truck rides bumpy as hell, would coil overs make that much of a difference, also would drops leaves instead of blocks make a difference in the rear?

In front the coilovers dropped me 3 inches and ride is great. Rides better than stock and i have it on the softest setting i can still adjust her more for compression/rebound.

Leafs in rear ride great also but just invest in some nice shocks. It costs some more $$$ but my wife will be driving the truck with my newborn so a good ride is what i was after and it rides great. Only thing is that i have a 6 inch drop in rear and bottoms out now which wont be a issue anymore because im notching it tonight.

Well dialed it all in tonight. in front 5th click is perfect on setting any less to soft anymore a little to hard for me. In rear i have it set on the 4th click and rides freakin great.

Tomorrow going to level the front up because i have the chevy lean lol. It will be at 27.25 in front and 27.5 in rear which will be perfect for my 245 40 20 and 275 40 20