Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BLaZeR frame Pics...

same with me...i have an 88 and and 89 thats in the process of being done but i blew the motor in the 88 so i bought a junker from some guy for 500 bucks and i got the motor and parts off of it so now thats sittin on blocks in my back yard...u should see under my deck though (its like a crawlspace about 4' high) its full of blazer parts everything from grilles to wheels and tires and everything in between...interior parts...u name it its under there...and i have 2 or 3 of everything under there...its great

transmissions,rearends,seats,hoods,doors,rear windows,even a 350...u get the point...haha had to say that

Banned
    yea.. haha but its good to have all that stuff cause if something comes out.. all you gotta do is hunt it up and replace it and aint gotta spend money on it...

Banned
    i have soo many S-Series parts, and such.. but my biggest thing of collecting is all the small block chevy stuff i have.. i have like 15 blocks.. rangeing for like 283's,305's,307's,327's,350's,2 383's, and a 400, with a few bored 406's... thats what i like to have.. but all the S parts are great to have also just incase of any need of em...

Originally posted by Lo86BLaZeR
    yea.. haha but its good to have all that stuff cause if something comes out.. all you gotta do is hunt it up and replace it and aint gotta spend money on it...
    yea exactly

what kind of paint did you use? the finished pics look sweet

Banned
    The paint i used is PPG paint.. Jet Black.. i really only used the same for the final coat.. all i did was made it a lil thinner which made it more gloss.. but still does the same purpose.. all i did was in the can with this paint you use 3/4 paint and 1/4 hardner.. all i used on the last was 3/4 paint, 1/4 Hardner and put some thinner in with it.. which made it lay alot better, dry quicker and glossed very well.. i havent ever painted anything with a spray gun.. and i think it looks damn good for it being my first time.. :cool:

no kidding man, that does look really good from the pics!! what are your plans for it now?

Banned
    Well right now all im gonna do is once i get everything else painted..throw it back together.. with a 3" front and 4" back lowering kit.. that is all for the frame.. then the body goes back on and im gettin all new carpeting and a headliner for it... a bench seat for up front.. i have some Cadi Tail lights.. id like to get someone to chop the back up and install em for me.. i have a steel roll pan with the plate box in the center.. and then after that im gonna get the body work straight and paint it all back the same color which is like a dark metalic gray.. and with about 5% tint all around, phantom grill, hopefully with all clear lens all around also.. i have a set of 98' model S10 wheels that look sweet on a 1st gen S10 Blazer.. which will go on for a while with some low pros to make it set a lil lower.. thats about it that i can think of...

Banned

Heres a Pic of The BLaZeR BoDy...

Blazer Body...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    The blazer had set for about 2 years when i had bought it.. it looked straight all around outside and i figured id get it home.. pull the carpet up and it be rusted.. but it was a suprise... the floor inside is just as slick as the outside.. they were a few surface rust places like were the seat buckles bolt down.. so i sanded it all down.. primered the whole flooring with about 3 coats.. painted it back about the same color as the exterior about 2 coats.. so now surely i wont ever have to worry of rust any at all..

where did you get the clear rear side windows from? did they come with your blaze when you bought it?

Banned
    yea they came with the blazer.. when i stripped out all the interior they was glass in behind the panel that goes over the driver side rear fender on the inside so i figure that side got knocked out.. and they might have replaced both sides.. its never been wrecked so i know it wasnt that.. they prolly just had something inside and it hit the window.. as soon as i get it on the road its gonna have 5% tint on all the windows and a big strip across the wind shield...

Pimpin Once Again blazer88FastNLo's Avatar
    sweet but if your gonna go as dark as 5% why not just go 2% its a bit darker. i think that is my yard cuz. my blazer is like that and the doner blazer is about to. we also have fact. tinted windows in mine and clear in the doner.

it says Deep Dirty South if your near New orleans around that area in Louisiana and need help tinting swing by. my friend and i do it for tons of people.

we do however you want. all out vehicles the front window is a big strip of 2 across the top and 35% all the way down
    R.I.P. Allison Campbell R.I.P. Gone But Not Forgotten 1984-2002

Banned
    ahh that sounds sweet bout the windshield.. all i wanted was a strip across the top.. but that would do greatly.. i live actually in Tennessee.. its not really tha deep south.. but i just say that.. lol.. i guess cause i live in south east tn.. but im gonna go as dark as i can all around but on my back window.. i wanna go not as dark so i can see out of it a little better.. i just like having dark windows so not everyone knows whos with me or what im doin.. cause i have a few ex's that try and cause shit when i got a girl with me.. cause they jealous.. oh well.. haha