Thread: JTR Axle Set Back Plates. GET THEM

JTR Axle Set Back Plates. GET THEM

98 up guys whenever lowering your trucks i would look into the jagsthatrun.com axle set back plates. When you lower these trucks the driveshaft tends to push back into the tranny when rear dips and hits big bumps which in turn will mess up the trans or rear end (pressure on the joints)

Mine with a 5 inch drop is perfect now with their set back plate and transmission spacer kit with 4 degree shim. No vibes and rides great.

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    interesting, i would like to see if you can tell a difference because mine road great and had no vibrations and it was loawer 5 plus for years. Anything that gets your driveline as straight as possible is worth it to me
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

Banned
    how much of a set back. seems ugly on any noticable amount.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

IT SETS it back 1/2 inch about. also plate is about 7/16 thick so lowers the truck by that much. They are also right about the rear wheels not being centered.

I've got 3" blocks that will be installed soon. Would you recommend these to be installed with blocks or with lowering leafs. If they can be installed with blocks would you put them on top or bottom of the block.

Super Saiyan User Dragonball98312's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordie View Post
    I've got 3" blocks that will be installed soon. Would you recommend these to be installed with blocks or with lowering leafs. If they can be installed with blocks would you put them on top or bottom of the block.
    Pretty sure you cant get a 5+ drop with just drop leafs so id assume they work with blocks

It was more of a question about having basically 2 blocks stacked on top of each other. I know its mostly a small spacer just wanted to know if there would be any issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NORCAL SS View Post
    IT SETS it back 1/2 inch about. also plate is about 7/16 thick so lowers the truck by that much. They are also right about the rear wheels not being centered.
    god damn

sets the axle back 1/2 inch and is 3/8" thick

No Fat Chicks
    i can throw props to the Stealth Conversions s10 extended cab kits...my 2003 sonoma is lowered with 3" belltech leafs and 2" spindles..which from a ZQ8 stocks lowers the truck about 4 and 4. Finally got these JTR drivetrain kit with 4 degree shims and shes a beauty. soooo smooth.
    -custom 4 link
    -air ride....all custom metal brackets
    -custom control arms
    -custom rear frame
    -adjustable body drop...2-5 inches
    *new rear bag setup in works*