Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new hood idea

My new hood idea

I've had the L-88 hood scoop for years and it was needing some bodywork. So, I came up with a new plan. I got a very straight hood from a local junkyard. Then sanded it down to bare steel. I bought some hood louvers from another junkyard, and fender vents to match. I think I'll mount them in the hood, then build a cold air box that closes up over the breather when the hood is shut. What do you think about the way it looks? Have you seen anything else like it?

It's hard to say not seeing on the Blazer but I say go for it. Make it your own and be different dude. There's to many of the same thing out there now and don't get me wrong alot of them look very good even though they are the same other than a paint job. I'm doing the same thing on my Jimmy now starting with a bumper mod for starters. All I'm lookin to do is make people have to take a second look and wonder or figure out what is different. Changes that don't jump out at you but get your attention enough to make you take a second look.
    Dale

85 S10 Blazer
    86 S15 Jimmy
    93 S10 Blazer
    99 S10 Blazer 4x4
    65 2-door Chevelle wagon

There's a guy around here that put Z28 louver thingies. It looked pretty good.

I think that would look awesome.

For with God nothing shall be impossible. Luke 1:37

looks good man, get some pics with it on the Blazer

I worked on the hood most of the day. I went ahead and put on my suicide hinges also. I took a piece of 18ga sheet metal and welded nuts to one side. Then I drilled some holes for the nuts to recess into on the hood. Then I welded the pices onto the hood. And the 115v mig I bought for $125!

Thumbs up hood ideas

have seen some similar; what would set it apart, would be to mold it in and fill the joint.... that would be sweet!

Here's some pics of my hinges mounted up. The front part of the hinge is wedged up with the bumper on top of the radiator support, and the hinge bolt flange under the radiator support. It fits very tight. The rear part is spaced down 1/4" and bolted through the factory elongated hole on the fender lip. That's just 1 bolt in each side and zero holes drilled! And some pics of the finished product with the louvers mounted.

Great job on the hood. I like the hood vents, you gonna polish them or paint same over all color of Blaz? You make the flip hood sound to easy to do. Know it had to take some fab time to do that. Nice job!
    Dale

85 S10 Blazer
    86 S15 Jimmy
    93 S10 Blazer
    99 S10 Blazer 4x4
    65 2-door Chevelle wagon

nice job on the hood... the vents look nice... love the truxarossa grill... used to have one on my blaz... still got it in the garage...
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

The louvers will get painted. I'm still keeping an eye out for an old school Trux OTB airdam too.

Teaser

This is the hood of my'94 Impala SS...Vents are off a Z/34. The Z/34 also donated the sheetmetal area that mounts the vent and undertray. This sheetmetal was then buttt-welded onto the Impala hood and, resulting in a much cleaner flush mounted vent vs just bolting it on top ! Under the vent a plastic tray mounts to protect the engine bay area from the outside elements.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .RBU

Banned
    im not really sure what to think of that last post.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    im not really sure what to think of that last post.

:puke:
    stock-87 blazer tahoe 2 door, 3.4, auto, 4x4

inside- All LEDs, overhead console, white faced gauges, smoothed panels, Camo cloth, radio and speakers, keyless entry

outside- 1/2 lift, 3 inch bl, clears, H4 conv headlights, Euro red tails, all LEDs

motor- 2.8 fiero valve covers, headers, flowmaster 40, 10 in chrome edelbrock cleaner with K&N, silicone vacuum hoses

Banned
    i wasnt referring to the hood either LOL.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4