Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9.5/8.5 static drop?...

Exclamation 9.5/8.5 static drop?...

::UPDATE:: Well some of the guys on S-10 forum tried to rip me a new one for this idea lol, but seeing as this is a blazer forum maybe someone will be able to answer me, what is the lowest static I can possibly go on my 2001 2door 2wd, and what do I need to do to get there? Right now I have 2inch beltech spindles, 3 inch 6cyl Springs, 2inch Blocks, and 3 inch leafsprings, and nitrodropshocks all the way around. I dont mind the occasional dragging frame over big dips and stuff, and being barred from entering some driveways and entryways lol.
    Here is how it sits right now

I am moving out to Mesa Az in a couple months, and I need to get my jimmy in order (It has previously just been my winter beater, but I just sold my other baby, so the jimmy will now be my daily). Its a 2001 5spd 2door jimmy, currently I already have a belltech 5/5 drop kit on it with the nitro drop shocks, and I want to go lower. I was going to do a basic F/B bag setup, but with a 5 grand budget to get the truck where I want it, that will be making things alittle tight, and besides I like my static drop....its just not low enough.

Here is the question, and where I need Input:
    If I get 3" LCA's in the front, and replace my springs with 4cyl springs will that give me around 4.5 more inches of drop in the front? (im not a big fan of rake, so I may leave my 6cyl springs and sacrifice the approx. 1.5 inches)
    And in the rear, If I pull a leaf out of my belltech pack, and replace my 2" block with a 4" block will that give me approx. 3.5 more inches in the back?
    Also, as long as I tub out and notch the rear, and tub out the front should I be good? And what will be going on with my Driveshaft and whatnot? Im sure it will need to be shortened and whatnot, but should I have a contuining problem of blowing up rear ends or anything?
    And last question...does anyone know the largest size wheel I will be able to fit? Im lookin at the Iroc Replicas in 18x8 or a 20X9, would I be able to fit the 20s without problems and complications?
    Thanks in advance guys:cool:
    Ransom
    Last edited by RANSOM; 10-23-2007 at 04:46 PM.

5/7 is the lowest you can go for off the shelf stuff

but you can get 6/7 but cutting coils

Would you advise aginst using 4cyl drop springs up front, or pulling a leaf out of my 3 inch drop pack?
    Last edited by RANSOM; 10-23-2007 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RANSOM View Post
    Would you advise aginst using 4cyl drop springs up front, or pulling a leaf out of my 3' drop pack?
    i would not suggest 4 cylinder springs or 3 foot drop spings

Quote Originally Posted by tippmann243 View Post
    i would not suggest 4 cylinder springs or 3 foot drop spings

:rofl:

Anyways, you are saying that you want to run a drop control arm as well as a drop spindle? Not a good idea.

The lowest you can possibly want to go static is 6/7 like Tippmann said. You don't want to go any lower than that static, you will have absolutely no ride and you will be severely compromising the safety of your vehicle.

The only thing I can really recommend if you want to go lower than that and keep any sort of ride is looking into running a set of coilovers. But then, for that price range, you might as well just run bags.
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

My brother had a 97 p/u and he put 2" spindles and 3" 4 cyl springs (were supposed to be for a v6) on it and with a 25.5" tall tire the front x-member was literally 1/4" off the ground. It was completly undrivable like that(we put the stock spings back in till he got ones for a v6)
    Even my old '86 was borderline on daily drivability and that was 2" spindles and 1.5 coils cut outta the stock springs on a 24" tall tire. I damn near got stuck everywhere, speedbumps, driveways, hell if the hwy had bad enough ruts in it the front x-member would drag one the center of the road(not fun going 65mph and not expecting it).

I guess Im trying to say its not worth it, it becomes more of a pain in the ass than its worth and the "coolness" of it wears of really fast when you have no suspension travel and have to drive it to work everyday. I ended up baggin it after about 6 months of being that low. IMO I would leave the truck the height it is now and just throw some nice 20's on it. Sorry for the novel drinking + posting = long ass posts
    A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

'94 Bravada
    '67 Chevelle
    '73 Chevelle

My buddy has a 6/7 drop on his s-10. And it would be the same setup for your blazer. As far as being able to turn/having tire rub is a whole nother story. But yea, at one time beltech (i think) made 3" drop spindles. That and 3 " coils and 4" blocks in the rear, and 3 inch leaf springs you would be sittin low. But definately need a c-notch.

When you get to mesa, hit me up. Im about an hour or so away.
    Jake

Typhoon:boink:
    Originally posted by lowblazin94
    Plus they can't arrest you or get a DUI while you have a boner.

Knob Noster Occupation: Pimping you out. Photoshop Diety.

if you want to go lower, go air ride, and just ride at low psi...

otherwise you're limited to about 5/7 // 6/7... but the ride will be rough...

How much of a height difference from frame to ground will I have between using a 225 30 20 and 225 30 18 (on 18s or 20s of course)? would be one inch because the wheels size is 2 inches diff, and it mounts in the center? Im somewhat confused on all of that, im pretty sure im going to do a 6/7 static, but I dont know if I want to do 18s or 20s, I dont want to do 20s if its going to lift me up a considerable amount:confused:

how do u get 6 inch in the front, using what components.....

and a buddy of mine had 3 inch drop springs for a 4clyn n his v6 with dropped spindles and doesnt have any problem and on 20's

Im not worried about 20s working out or fitting, I just dont want to get lifted up consideribly by using 20s over 18s. I was going to use 3inch 4cyl springs with my 2 inch drop spindles to hopefully get the 6 up front.

I dont know how much work your looking to get into, but Ive been thinking for awhile about doing around a 4-5" body drop on an adjustable coilover set up. That would give a lot lower ride height but still good suspension travel. Dont know if I will ever actually do it but Ive been kicking the idea around for awhile.
    Right now Im droped 5-5 like you but I wouldnt want to go any lower with suspension on a static setup.

Your in Perrysburg arnt you? I think Ive seen your truck at radioshack.
    I live in Maumee

OKShowPics
    that's just stupid low for not being adjustable.
    i have 5" of drop and it's PLENTY low for me, my 18s rub all the time, the frame drags on speed bumps and large bumps, air dam drags on inclines...you get the point

if you run 20s you need to stick with about a 3/4" drop to really be driveable and not rub on everything

you said you have a 5k budget and cant afford bags? i can bag it for less then that WITH parts lol
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

Quote Originally Posted by ib2loud View Post
    if you run 20s you need to stick with about a 3/4" drop to really be driveable and not rub on everything
    i have a 5/6 drop with 20s on a daily with no rubbing at all untill it hits full lock and thats going to happen no matter what even with a 3/4 :huh:

rims are 8.5 wide
    Last edited by bmxbang; 11-26-2007 at 01:28 AM.
    2001 2dr 2wd blazer 5/6 20s
    http://www.definiteobsessions.com/