Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9.5/8.5 static drop?...

Quote Originally Posted by ib2loud View Post
    that's just stupid low for not being adjustable.
    i have 5" of drop and it's PLENTY low for me, my 18s rub all the time, the frame drags on speed bumps and large bumps, air dam drags on inclines...you get the point

if you run 20s you need to stick with about a 3/4" drop to really be driveable and not rub on everything

not true at all im 3/3 and it still is way to high i rub at lock but you cant help that!
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by low86blazer View Post
    not true at all im 3/3 and it still is way to high i rub at lock but you cant help that!

word ;)
    2001 2dr 2wd blazer 5/6 20s
    http://www.definiteobsessions.com/

Quote Originally Posted by slow 89 View Post
    you said you have a 5k budget and cant afford bags? i can bag it for less then that WITH parts lol

I read that too, LOL.

So what cross member clearance are you trying for?

I get annoyed when these conversation talk in generals and miss the most basic measurement that is independant of all the other variables.

Honestly, your truck is already pretty low static dropped and looks great, if you are not gonna bag it then just get some nice 18's with like a 225/40 tire and be done with it. it will be plenty low and should look damn good yet will still be driveable and more importantly, safe. When i had a blazer it was about a 4/4 or 4/5 with 18's and 225/40 and the frame was barely 3" off the ground and it looked great imo

<---thats a pic of it in my avitar btw for reference

i say go for it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by glass1 View Post
    I dont know how much work your looking to get into, but Ive been thinking for awhile about doing around a 4-5" body drop on an adjustable coilover set up. That would give a lot lower ride height but still good suspension travel. Dont know if I will ever actually do it but Ive been kicking the idea around for awhile.
    Right now Im droped 5-5 like you but I wouldnt want to go any lower with suspension on a static setup.

Your in Perrysburg arnt you? I think Ive seen your truck at radioshack.
    I live in Maumee
    Yeah I work at the radioshack in Pburg, Ive seen your truck on 23 acouple times and my friend says he has seen you at owens before too. It looks really nice, I like the 2 tone, Ive actually sold the Jimmy just recently, and im leaving in about a 2 days for mesa arizona. Too bad we couldnt have met up sometime, I would have loved to seen your ride upclose. :cool:

my 92 is 6 in the rear, and i have 2" spindles, with a cut 3" belltech coil for probably a 6-7 in the front, and i had to change my lower control arm bumpstops to the pancake energy stops just to get 3/4" of travel.... its not to bad to drive, i drove it on a 600 miles round trip for vac. this summer. but its not a daily. I wouldn't know how you'd go anywhere going any lower than that. Mine is 3 1/2" off the street

Last edited by static low 92; 01-09-2008 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RANSOM View Post
    Yeah I work at the radioshack in Pburg, Ive seen your truck on 23 acouple times and my friend says he has seen you at owens before too. It looks really nice, I like the 2 tone, Ive actually sold the Jimmy just recently, and im leaving in about a 2 days for mesa arizona. Too bad we couldnt have met up sometime, I would have loved to seen your ride upclose. :cool:
    Dont worry, Mesa and Phoenix have a huge truck scene down there. :D
    Jake

Typhoon:boink:
    Originally posted by lowblazin94
    Plus they can't arrest you or get a DUI while you have a boner.