Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 00 Blazer rear setup: Mono-leaf. Good or Bad??

are you laying frame in that picture?
    2008 f350- stock

95 4 door blazer- SAS, crate 350. th350/205 37" swampers, dana 44/14 bolt....

No Not In That Pic IT LAYS HUMPGOT TO CUT THAT OFF SOON It Was Notched But I Dnt Cut The Center Out The Notch Yet, Had Run Lines First Just Finished It Yesterday
    Last edited by 9sixblazer; 12-02-2007 at 12:56 PM.

Thats nice. You know I just did my 00 Blazer 4DR (on 22's) and I didn't go with the mono-leaf instead I went with a 2 link. Now I know everybodys first reaction is going to be why not 3 or 4 link, well that will be next some time in the future. The thing I don't like about mine is that it does not lay as low as I wanted it. I'll take some pics and try to post. The back lip of wheel well is about 3/4 above the rim and on the front the lip of wheel well is about 1 above the rim. That sucks right. I wanted to lay something like the pic of 9sixblazer (above). You see I did not want to cut the inside of truck bed floor because of my huge box, but like I said I wanted it to sit lower then what it is. The lock-up I am happy with. One other problem I got is that when I drive with the front high, when I punch it or also on some bumpy roads you will intermittenly hear a clock sound. Dude said its my bushing on the control arms. By the way the clock sound sounds as if it is coming from the front.

blazerhittin what state are you in? 2links are fine if done right blazed22's is running a two link on 22's and he lays frame, what size notch u got in the rear? and what size tires? also the sound in the front get under there spray the bushings with wd40 and drive the truck around the block and see if it stops then u know u need to grrease ur bushings or not.

Quote Originally Posted by 9sixblazer View Post
    blazerhittin what state are you in? 2links are fine if done right blazed22's is running a two link on 22's and he lays frame, what size notch u got in the rear? and what size tires? also the sound in the front get under there spray the bushings with wd40 and drive the truck around the block and see if it stops then u know u need to grrease ur bushings or not.
    LA, Cali.
    Its only a small notch, dude cut into the original frame. The dude said theres is not any point on doing the monster notch if I was not going to cut into the floor because the pumpkin will hit (I don't want to get rid of the huge box I got in the back).
    265/35/22
    I'll try what you said with the wd40.

Does your pumpking hit the floor in that pic above because I thought I read you said you didn't cut the floor in that pic. Your truck is lower then mines. I would be happy if my sat that low for now. If you didn't cut into the floor is your axle going into the notch you have. If so how much. As for the front what did you do. Do you have any lowered spindles on that?

dont go monoleaf man.....im running the air ride air over leaf setup (came with the blazer when purchased) and i hate it.....i've already broke a leaf once , and i plan to do it right and 4- link it very very soon.....but if you do go with it then dont expect to lay it out.....im running 215/65/15 on the stock swirls and still dont lay...come kinda close tho...well enough talk here's some pics to show you...good luck -sean

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I Love My 4 Door :smoker:

Actually, because of all the negative feedback I got from everybody I asked I never went with the mono-leaf setup. I went with a 2 link. You can check out my repy above from 12-04-07.

Its been badass since I got my ride bagged but I am still running into a couple of problems:
    1- When I drive with the front high, when I punch it or also on some bumpy roads you will intermittenly hear a clock sound. The dude who did my setup said its my bushing on the control arms but still not know for sure. All I know that the clock sound, sounds as if it is coming from the front.
    2- My truck does not lay as low as I wanted it to. The back lip of wheel well is about 3/4 above the rim and on the front the lip of wheel well is about 1 above the rim. That sucks right. I wanted to lay something like the pic of 9sixblazer (above). I could of had it layed out but one I didn't have funds and secondly I did not want to lose my huge sound system I got in the back (mainly refering to my huge ported box for 4 12's). I'll take some pics and post soon.

build a wall then, im sure you can figure something out to get it much lower and still have the box. how big is your box?
    2008 f350- stock

95 4 door blazer- SAS, crate 350. th350/205 37" swampers, dana 44/14 bolt....

the good ol monoleaf. weather its good or bad, i cant answer that. but heres a list of pros and cons so you can decide yourself:

pros:

-minimal pinion angle change at any ride height (given youre using the proper block)

-cost effective. all you have to buy is a set of lowering blocks, which you probably already have

-easy to do. no welding or fabrication of any kind.

cons:

-rough ride. it really will ride like shit. but some people dont mind it

-you have to deal with people calling you ghetto, eventhough its really not

-you wont be able to lay out with large wheels even if you de-arch them (18+")

-wheel hop. youre probably gonna get a little wheel hop

thats basicly it. and dont let anyone tell you its unsafe or ghetto cause its not.

:bigthumb:
    www.subsonickustomz.com
    www.njtruckscene.com
    if you have a 1st gen 4 door blazer, 2wd for sale, click here:
    http://www.s10forum.com/classifieds/...?product=29789

the good ol monoleaf. weather its good or bad, i cant answer that. but heres a list of pros and cons so you can decide yourself:

pros:

-minimal pinion angle change at any ride height (given youre using the proper block)

-cost effective. all you have to buy is a set of lowering blocks, which you probably already have

-easy to do. no welding or fabrication of any kind.

cons:

-rough ride. it really will ride like shit. but some people dont mind it

-you have to deal with people calling you ghetto, eventhough its really not

-you wont be able to lay out with large wheels even if you de-arch them (18+")

-wheel hop. youre probably gonna get a little wheel hop

thats basicly it. and dont let anyone tell you its unsafe or ghetto cause its not.

www.subsonickustomz.com
    www.njtruckscene.com
    if you have a 1st gen 4 door blazer, 2wd for sale, click here:
    http://www.s10forum.com/classifieds/...?product=29789

CDN 2WD 4door...2nd Gen!! K Dawg ONE's Avatar
    ^^double post. fail.
    1995 Jimmy - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2934125
    Kris Creed | Sales Consultant | Gus Revenberg Chevrolet-Buick-GMC | Windsor, ON | 800-291-1117 x177

Quote Originally Posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme View Post
    the good ol monoleaf. weather its good or bad, i cant answer that.

hahahahahahahaha
    06 ccsb 2/5 drop, SS 20's, 370, L92 Heads, LT's/ORY, 237/242 .603/609 112, 2pc. driveshaft, 4l80e, 3500 stall, 12.8 @ 106

Camaro Roadster Buggy
    DailyGrindFabrication

Quote Originally Posted by blznNP View Post
    build a wall then, im sure you can figure something out to get it much lower and still have the box. how big is your box?
    The current box I got is alittle under 9 cubes. I thought about a wall before but never really had the time to look into it and really do it. I am happy with how its hitting right now so I've stuck with it. Its doing just alittle over 150dB (on the termlab mic-dBdrag).

Although building a wall will give me the flexibility to tear up the floor so that I can lay. Man the sh** never ends.