Thread: Oil Leak Help

Angry Oil Leak Help

well here is the deal. i just picked up a 96 s10 blazer 4x4 for a DD. and before i start to drive it i whanna fix everything thats wrong with it or could be a problem. well i have a nice little oil leak comming from the engine area. i looked to see what it was and it the adapter block (were the oil filter would normaly go) for the oil lines that go to the oil cooler. it seems to be leaking out of the seams. now heres my question. has anyone ever ran into this and have fixed it? is it a real pain in the ass to do it? it seems pretty easy. just 2 bolts and it off. what kinda seal is in there? o-rings, steel seal? and anyone know what the part # for the kit is? i looked on alldata and it didnt even list anything for this. anyhelp would be awsome.

Banned
    oh man ive fixed quite a few at work, they seem to always leak, and yes your correct, they are pretty easy to do. There isnt anything else you have to take off. just pay attention to clean mating surfaces and bolt tightness....u know the drill.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

cool man. just never had to do one. and now blazer again so i have to! hey do you know the part# for the seal or whatever it is?

There is an outer o'ring and an inner gasket. Don't know the numbers though.

yeah, ive been meaning to post thats its all ready done. its a p.i.t.a. i got the kit from carquest. took about 2 hrs start to finish laying on my back and chugging beer. man i need to get a lift for at home.