Thread: Drop Kit??

Post Drop Kit??

I am planning on buying a drop kit for my 96Blazer. The past few weeks I have done some shopping around and have noticed the Belltech equiptment is a lot higher priced than aim and some of the other manufacturing companies. So my question is this, what is worth paying for? Will it really matter if I buy aim drop spindles or Belltech. I can see the difference it coil springs, but am I just throwing money away on the other equiptment?

Hey man First off belltech is always number 1. But dont get me wrong. AIMs springs are just the same w/out the belltech name on it (hince why its much more cheaper). I have belltech spindles and blocks, but im replacing my blocks with AIMs because they are extruded and wont break! Ive never had a prob with belltechs but I need 2" ones, so i kan get them cheaper from AIM. Heres the bad part, this matters where you live. If you have to have AIM ship to you its gonna cost you more than goin in town and buyin belltech. they are in Mesa AZ. I ordered 2" drop coils from them kause with shipping its only 58$ and belltech new is 90$. Im not gonna pay 170$ fer Pair of leafs when i kan get a pair for 80 from AIM and I lucked out kause I have a friend in pheonix, so hes gonna pick them up and ship them ground rate UPS (only like 25-30 bucks). So if you dont have a hookup in arizona heres the deal
    spindles - belltech
    coils- AIM
    Leafs- belltech
    blocks- AIM ( a lil more for shipping but good extruded blocks +++++ they are angled so you wont need to buy pinion shims)
    shocks- (if more than a 3/3 drop) buy belltechs only 38$
    lemme no what type drop ur goin for and any questions you have.
    Im goin down to 4/5 next week and maybe 5/6 in the summer
    It hurts your kidneys to blaze THIS low
    click here to see my baby

I did my friends 96 with Chassis Tech springs from AIM and the coils were about as thick as toothpicks.:nono:

Suspension is one thing that I would NOT compromise on, the difference between the AIM dro and the Beltech drop was $150 difference. IMO, its worth the extra $$$ to get quality components with a LIFETIME guarantee.
    this is a test of the sig

Yeah, AIM is only if you are totaly BROKE. Other than that, stick with Belltech.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

Go with Belltech
    I drop mine 4/3 and i did use only Coilsprings and Blocks and Shocks Belltech they are the sh*t
    if not i think your gonna be all bumpy and out of control, specially when your truck is stock and you drop it using cheap components, believe me you're not gonna like it

Zepia
    ________
    Lovely Wendie
    Last edited by Zepia; 04-11-2011 at 11:46 PM.

Belltech is best! and worth the money, but the drop coils I have are great they arent thin or weakly made. They have done great for me! Personally I would like to say I have belltech but the truthful way to go is control arms and spindles over coils, but 90 for two coils wasnt worth the cash at the time I have a bunch of other werk to do on the truck and I have talked to a bunch of people that use AIMs products and noone has had any probs yet. But I still agree go with BELLTECH if ya wanna get the the best!!!!
    It hurts your kidneys to blaze THIS low
    click here to see my baby

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    belltech is best but i have DJM 3' control arms and 3 inch blocks and haven;t had a problem...i;m gettin AIM drop springs and i'll let you know how they are after i get in them!!
    DRAG THAT SHIT!!!

My SSM profile, drop a tag!

one word, belltech
    2000 Red Dime sitting low.and pretty.

well is DJM any count? :confused: