Thread: What a piece of....

What a piece of....

Well, i took the valve cover off my 4.3 jimmy lastnight and i found 1/2" of sludge covering the pushrods, lifters, springs, and rocker arms. I am freaking pissed....Well cant flush the motor, i will clog all the port holes.....hmmmm, I am trying to see what i can do......Help me out! well, what if i were to put vortec heads on it with a new vortec manifold? Is that easy?

Take the heads i have on there off and get them ported and polished with new gold crane cam rockers...Basically beef them up as much as i can....

Well let me know what ya'll would do....Thanks, phil:mad:

id say one of two things. scape all the junk out as much as possible and run sea foam threw the engine. and change the oil a few times. or pull it apart and clean it up and refreshin the motor.

I would say either run it like that and just keep the oil changed.I its time for either a v8 swap or a rebuild.
    Your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by opus70 View Post
    I would say either run it like that and just keep the oil changed.I its time for either a v8 swap or a rebuild.
    Your pick.
    X2

take a picture of it and then use some seafoam.....take another picture and see what it does........use some marvel mistery oil next oil change too
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

Im thinking rebuild, because i need it for the gas milage. I have a 85 c10shortbed i want to throw a 454 in and race that. So im just thinking rebuild with some beefed up vortec heads.....Is it difficult to covert the motor to vortec heads....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phils90blazer View Post
    Im thinking rebuild, because i need it for the gas milage. I have a 85 c10shortbed i want to throw a 454 in and race that. So im just thinking rebuild with some beefed up vortec heads.....Is it difficult to covert the motor to vortec heads....thanks
    not at all. if your gonna run vortec heads might as well do a cam too

then your gonna need a tune

comp 270 right, with 1.6 rollers.....If i do the 1.6 rollers, will they bolt right on, or will i have to do some fabricating or grinding....?

Quote Originally Posted by phils90blazer View Post
    comp 270 right, with 1.6 rollers.....If i do the 1.6 rollers, will they bolt right on, or will i have to do some fabricating or grinding....?
    a comp 270 is a big cam. depending on what you wanna do with this truck will determine your cam.

for almost any cam and 1.6 rockers your gonna need to ge thte heads machined for more lift. vortec heads also require special conversion studs. then you have to drill the pushrod hole bigger, but thats about it

i had an edelbrock cam and L35 heads on my 4.3 and it made good power. i was running comparable times to a couple guys with bigger cams and much more wild builds
    Last edited by 6SpeedBlazer; 12-11-2007 at 04:28 PM.

Ok, what if i were to stick with the stock heads and just have them cleaned up and rebuilt with better springs, pushrods, lifters, rollers 1.6 or 1.5? Think that would work out maybe?? Also put a cam in it, with the new intake of course....I think you had the new intake on your blazer for the tbi unit right? If so how did that work out for ya? thanks

Banned
    How much money and what are you expecting out of this. I really wouldnt put a whole upper end a v6 if your not die hard on a 4.3 and going all out. Just gonnna be alot of money for a little more power and hassel. Just some food for though. And as for the shit in the engine, thats what a higher milage engine's gonna look like if the owner was a little lax on oil changes.

If you want to clean it, get this stuff from AMSOIL called ENGINE FLUSH, you put a new oil filter on, add a bottle to your engine and fire the engine up and prop it to fast idle and leave it there for however long the bottle says...30 mins or so. then drain and put a new filter and oil in it. BUt watch out that oil is going to be hot as a mother fucker steaming and all. But it works great. Thats what we use on engines at work that have had a head or intake gasket flood the crankcase and make a milky mess.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4