Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Streetscrapers bolt directly on frame

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CunT StuD View Post
    are you serious? they are the same design as firestones. i know people who have run them for years with out a problem. out of all the bags that i have ran, the only ones that have not given me any problems have been firestones. i have had to send back airlift bags, i have had to send back slam bags. my firestones i have are old dirt, and the only reason why i dont run them is because they arent rated for 200psi.

i dont think that with the same design, that those bags will "fall apart" its a simple design, and simplicity has worked wonders for firestone bags.
    Being the same design does NOT mean that AIM uses the same manufacturing criteria that Firestone does. They skimp everywhere else so why would they magically match Firestone's assembly quality?

AIM is junk.

ALL OF IT.

Quote Originally Posted by CunT StuD View Post
    are you serious? they are the same design as firestones. i know people who have run them for years with out a problem. out of all the bags that i have ran, the only ones that have not given me any problems have been firestones. i have had to send back airlift bags, i have had to send back slam bags. my firestones i have are old dirt, and the only reason why i dont run them is because they arent rated for 200psi.

i dont think that with the same design, that those bags will "fall apart" its a simple design, and simplicity has worked wonders for firestone bags.
    yeah, theyre the same design just like a "streetscraper" is the same design as a roadgrater. when they were designing that bag, they werent doing it with quality in mind, they were trying to make a bag that looks like firestones bag for as little money as possible. and thats what they got.

i had those bags in my s10 when i first bagged it. one of them literaly fell apart while i was driving. when i got the bag out, there were no rubs on it or any signs of misuse. the thin rubber they used just like gave up.. and the ring in the biddle between the bellows came off and you could see one of the crimps was close to coming out. wish i had pictures.
    www.subsonickustomz.com
    www.njtruckscene.com
    if you have a 1st gen 4 door blazer, 2wd for sale, click here:
    http://www.s10forum.com/classifieds/...?product=29789

cool, whatever. its not my money. he'll just have to run it all and see how it works out. i personally have only had one bad thing come from AIM, and that was a digital gauges for the bags, and it just didnt stay at a constant reading. everything else has worked good for me. even the stuff people have bought that i have put on for them was good products, except their electrical things.

to say EVERYTHING they do is shit, is crazy, they would be out of business years ago. but they have been going on for the longest time, so something has to be right. no matter how many name changes it takes lol
    -You have 2 ears and one mouth, so u need to listen twice as much as u talk-

www.myspace.com/breakinnecksprez

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/im/vi...x?id=Blazed22s

http://members.cardomain.com/9chevblaze6

4 DOOR LOVE

Just my 2 cents...

First of all, Ive bought from aim. Ive seen quality control issues and Ive seen them cut corners. But Ive never had any of their products fail on me.

Second, I heard somewhere that the shop that did their 'roadgrater install' in minitruckin flat out told a customer that the kit didnt fit worth a shit and it was a total waste of money and they cut it out and trashed it after the article was published. Dunno any more about this but i remember hearing it somewhere.

And just because a company has been in business for a long time does not mean they are a good company or sell a good product.

http://data.phoenix.bbb.org/commonre...bureau=&bbbid=

"The BBB processed a total of 35 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period."

Wierd.

Compasison...
    Suicide Doors.
    http://evansville.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Re...&firm=90025221

"The BBB processed a total of 1 complaint about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period."

For an advertising issue, over a year ago.

Just throwing that out there for food for thought.

Although I do agree with whoever said that it looks better than some of the home made shit. But the only way to find out is to try it and see the results. Beings it is the very first kit ever made for that application, i would be hesitant, but you are braver than I. Personally, I wouldnt risk it.
    Jake

Typhoon:boink:
    Originally posted by lowblazin94
    Plus they can't arrest you or get a DUI while you have a boner.

Talking

so 2morrow is the day i start on the rear setup

Cant wait to see how good/bad it is... Some body has got to be the guinnee pig...

good luck bro! post your pics

well here are a few pics

itz been going ok so far but i had to do a few cuts 2 the notchs to get them to fit

but those notch are so damn big i think i can layout on 24in the back lol

looking pretty good! but man those notches look like they dont fit too good!
    Last edited by ti28; 01-04-2008 at 01:38 AM.

what ever floats your boat mang.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

your gonna hate life when that dif bracket snaps those bolts and your rear leaks like crazy.. and those notches/shock mount look like hell.. you better hope they dont bend after you did all this work to make it fit
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    that notch looks more wack then i thought... turn back now dude... get some quality parts... your gonna regret it
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

Quote Originally Posted by phatfarmer2 View Post
    that notch looks more wack then i thought... turn back now dude... get some quality parts... your gonna regret it
    X3Billion!

Is it me or do the notches look tilted out, like this \ /
    A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

'94 Bravada
    '67 Chevelle
    '73 Chevelle

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alowerlevel View Post
    Is it me or do the notches look tilted out, like this \ /
    x2 and i am only on my 3rd beer and i know i am not a light weight!
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.