Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone replaced the blower motor for the heater??

This is the little panel you are talking about
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

slammin. yes thats the blower motor resistor.

Cops- just leave us alone IB LOAF N's Avatar
    Going back to the blend air door. If mine is stuck what is the cure for it, Is there a part I can buy or someway to "rig it up". Im going out to check for sure tomorrow, today I couldn't here nothing. I only hear something when I switched the direction or defrost.

My cover for the blower fell apart while I was moving some wires. Is this okay or is this something that I need to fix??

all those covers fall apart! no big deal.

Cool... GM should of put the motor in a douch bottle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IB LOAF N View Post
    Going back to the blend air door. If mine is stuck what is the cure for it, Is there a part I can buy or someway to "rig it up". Im going out to check for sure tomorrow, today I couldn't here nothing. I only hear something when I switched the direction or defrost.
    theres a guy on ebay that scraps out s10s hell sell you the whole fucking heater box w/ blend air door, blend air actuator, etc... whole mess of shit for 30 bucks... s10warehouse i think is the username. You should be able to at least hear the door pop shut when you turn it either way on the hot cold knob.

To rig it you could just stick it one way or the other but its a bitch to get to, you gotta take the whole dash apart.

SLAMMINS-

yeah thats the resistor pack just take it out and check them to see if they look burnt or broken you can also jump 12colts to each wire to see if the motor will turn on each circuit, since there wont be a resistor theyll all go the same speed when you check them. If you jump all the wires and the motor spins each time you need new resistors. (in theory each wire should be a seperate speed but i cant say for sure on that exact model/year/climate package etc...) alot of times the largest wire (the orange? one in the picture) controls levels 3 and 4. If it does your test light will light twice through the spectrum of the blower switch on that wire once dim and once bright.

Ok so how do you get that piece out there is no bolts holding it on just 3 round rubber things does it just pull up? You can see in the pic I posted the round rubber things.

Got the print out from GM how stupid you have to cut it out and the glue it back together.

Quote Originally Posted by slammins15 View Post
    Got the print out from GM how stupid you have to cut it out and the glue it back together.
    Yup everything that has to do with that box involves cutting it with a razor knife... As for glue, most of the time i see people cut into them they use something similar to the foil style dynamat and wrap the whole box in it after cutting... Not sure why.

...didnt read all the read all the responses cause im at work. But it kinda sounds like your blower box isnt completely sealed correctly. If it has a good seal you will get blower power, if it isnt sealed well it will only blow at the highest setting which even then isnt as hard as it should normally blow. Least this is what ive seen from my experience.
    Jake

Typhoon:boink:
    Originally posted by lowblazin94
    Plus they can't arrest you or get a DUI while you have a boner.

Quote Originally Posted by HaVoC View Post
    ...didnt read all the read all the responses cause im at work. But it kinda sounds like your blower box isnt completely sealed correctly. If it has a good seal you will get blower power, if it isnt sealed well it will only blow at the highest setting which even then isnt as hard as it should normally blow. Least this is what ive seen from my experience.

:huh:

If the first 2 settings don't work it's almost guaranteed to be the resister. My girlfriend had 2 Pontiac Sunfires and that happened to both of them. The part is cheep but I had to tear apart the underside of the dash and remove the blower to get to it.
    Genius by birth, Slacker by choice.

yeah and if you go far enough to cut it out and test it and for some reason you still just dont believe its them replace them anyway cause they can play tricks on your mind sometimes lol... either way it works out for the best... It fixes it or you get to rule it out of the equation and not have to worry about resistors for a while...

Yeah I bought the part to replace it cause it was less than $14 so why not change it anyway if you have it all cut apart.