Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idle Surge

Idle Surge

So I tried and tried and frustration has finally set in. I searched, searched and replaced a bunch of parts and still no luck.

My truck (95 blazer CPI) has been going through mood swings. Sometimes it will work and sometimes it will like sit there and twitch with the idle jumping up to about 2500 then down to 500 then back up and so on. Other times it will just high idle at 1500 or 2000 rpm. And sometimes everything will be fine and it will idle at about 750. Sometimes it stalls.

I tried replacing my fuel filter first, then my Idle Air Control Valve Then my EGR valve then my throttle positioning sensor. Still no luck. And when I replaced these parts it seemed to work immediately afterwards, but then five minutes later it was right back to the same stuff.

Ive tried to have my code scanned and it always pulls up an error or says its unable to establish a connection with the vehicle.

Its to the point its just frustrating and I dont know what to try now.

Any suggestions? Ideas? Thoughts? Rude obscene gestures? :D
    Jake

Typhoon:boink:
    Originally posted by lowblazin94
    Plus they can't arrest you or get a DUI while you have a boner.

spider injector(known to shit out with weird problems)

I just had my spider injector replaced less than a year ago. Would it go bad that quickly?
    Jake

Vaccum leak?

If it's a high miler, try cleaning the throttle plates, & the E.G.R. passage in the intake. And it could be vacume or intake leak.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamin85 View Post
    If it's a high miler, try cleaning the throttle plates, & the E.G.R. passage in the intake. And it could be vacume or intake leak.
    Cleaned the throttle plate and replaced the egr but didnt clean the passage... ill try that.

Ive checked for vaccum leaks but havent found any. But ill look again. Thanks guys.
    Jake

Can a O2 sensor mess with the idle.
    CONSTRUCTION SITE:
    MetalHealth's Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazin Low View Post
    April 12, 2007 - The day freedom of speech took a crap.

Quote Originally Posted by 03Blazin_Burn View Post
    Can a O2 sensor mess with the idle.
    no... maybe the TPS or something 02 sensors just cause poor running condition when they go.

Well... we never found the problem but are assuming its a bad computer or a bad ground for the computer. Either way I decided to approach the problem with a slightly different solution... Thanks for the help and Ill update more later when im a little further down the line.

:boink:
    Jake

nice start hope AZ doesnt have emmisions tho cause those arent smog heads lol... Also just FYI dont count on those ramhorns working they point straight into the motor mounts. Its been a while since ive seen a motor with a points distributor too lol ;) If theres no emmisions thats one hell of a good starting point tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    nice start hope AZ doesnt have emmisions tho cause those arent smog heads lol... Also just FYI dont count on those ramhorns working they point straight into the motor mounts. Its been a while since ive seen a motor with a points distributor too lol ;) If theres no emmisions thats one hell of a good starting point tho...

lol your the second person to tell me id be screwed if i had to pass emissions. I havent had to have me truck emission tested in about ten years. Only place they do emissions here is in phoenix and Ill never register it there so im good to go. And yea, the ran horns are getting ditched for sure. The motor is dirty as hell on the outside but we popped it open and the inside is really clean and it ran when they pulled it out of the truck so thats good as well. :) Im excited about it.

I was also told my serpentine belt system would bolt up to it. Or I could get one that will... I dunno how true this is but we'll see.
    Jake

Quote Originally Posted by HaVoC View Post
    lol your the second person to tell me id be screwed if i had to pass emissions. I havent had to have me truck emission tested in about ten years. Only place they do emissions here is in phoenix and Ill never register it there so im good to go. And yea, the ran horns are getting ditched for sure. The motor is dirty as hell on the outside but we popped it open and the inside is really clean and it ran when they pulled it out of the truck so thats good as well. :) Im excited about it.

I was also told my serpentine belt system would bolt up to it. Or I could get one that will... I dunno how true this is but we'll see.
    Yeah it should be a good motor, whoever told you the serp would work is wrong, the waterpump on the motor spins the wrong way for a regular serpentine system. If you had a centerbolt 350 it would work but not on a pre 76 i doubt the bolt holes would even line up for the newer accessories.

Yeah it should be a good motor, whoever told you the serp would work is wrong, the waterpump on the motor spins the wrong way for a regular serpentine system. If you had a centerbolt 350 it would work but not on a pre 76 i doubt the bolt holes would even line up for the newer accessories.

Dang. Any way to make it work? Or could I buy an aftermarket serpentine system that would work?
    Jake

please dont hit reply if you dont know what you are talking about. yes you can use the 4.3 accessories. all you have to do is swap to a new style (reverse rotation) water pump then swap all the serpentine brackets adn junk and your good to go. all the bolt holes are the same too.

Quote Originally Posted by tippmann243 View Post
    please dont hit reply if you dont know what you are talking about. yes you can use the 4.3 accessories. all you have to do is swap to a new style (reverse rotation) water pump then swap all the serpentine brackets adn junk and your good to go. all the bolt holes are the same too.
    yeah your right, my bad on that one switching to the new style waterpump would work... hostile tho...