Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Full Feature

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    Cool, tin snips usually are close when doing any type of metal work. Ive also grown to love these newer style of cut off wheels from dremel. They are little fiber enforced disks that come with a weird little locking piece to go into the dremel. They cut just as good as a fullsize cut of wheel but are an inch across.

Nice, I need to find me some of those.

Well, I got my little electrical gremlin corrected. I bought the tail lights and pig tails from Kris Dye almost a year ago. They were all taped up in what I thought was stock wrapping. Well on my passenger side light someone, not saying it was Kris since he got them from a salvage yard, decided to cut the wires to one of the light sockets about an inch from the socket then twist the wires together again and electrical tape them. Well this caused a short when I hooked them up and blew my fuse under the hood. I fixed that and replaced the fuse. I also swapped out the little 194 bulb with one of the bulbs and sockets from my blazer so they would all light up the same and reinstalled them. Here's a few pics.

Running lights and no flash:

Now I can start the body filler and get the body primered.

looks awesome, you just rattle can priming or have a gun and such

The self etching primer that is on there is rattle can but its the good $20 a can stuff. I will sand that off and apply the filler then self etch on any bare metal. The main primer I'm using is 2k high build from a gun.

Here's a little update. I haven't been up to much due to the amount of rain we have having here. I decided to go ahead and start grafting the screen into the dash finally. So here's the pics.

You can see here the spot just below the rear hatch button is raised quite a bit compared to the screen so I had to cut some relief cuts and bend it down to match. Should look pretty good when I get it sanded down.

Here's where it sits now. I will be doing bodywork tomorrow but its supposed to rain again so I may get some more work on this instead.

I got a little bodywork done this past weekend. The primer in the pics is just rattle can Sherwin Williams Self Etch primer. Now all I have to do is finish up the passenger side and then I can shoot the body in 2k primer :D

damn, you've been busy. Looks awesome

i would try to avoid putting the self etch on the filler, and remaining paint Ive seen that shit peel, its ment for a metal application only. Also id watch the filler over the paint, ice is okay but filler is a no no. other than that it looks awsome man.

Quote Originally Posted by low86blazer View Post
    i would try to avoid putting the self etch on the filler, and remaining paint Ive seen that shit peel, its ment for a metal application only. Also id watch the filler over the paint, ice is okay but filler is a no no. other than that it looks awsome man.

Thanks for the heads up. The pics of the filler were before the final coat of filler. I didn't allow any filler to stay on any paint. I know that is a no no. However I wasn't aware of the self etch over filler peeling. I will be sure to sand it off the filler prior to 2k. I appreciate that!

I got a little work done today. I finally did the triangle plate mod so now all I have to do is cut the second x-member down and it should lay 100%. Then I started on shaving the rear plastic window trim. I know this is a vent but I really don't care, haha.

awsome i was gonna do that this summer! lol looks good

I decided to bag my truck again

Well I got the majority of the bodywork done, basically all of it on the actual body and got it all prepped for primer. I started shooting the first coat of primer then by the time it was time for coat #2 it was dark out so I shot coats #2 and #3 in the dark. I guess we will see how it turned out in the morning I will get it out back together tomorrow and take some pics of it in color

Next I have to finish the body work on the driver's door and the tail gate then I can shoot those. I will have to go back and do some touch up filler on the passanger door as well as the rear side window plastic pieces. I kinda had a feeling you'd be able to see the indentions from the fillers there.
    2002 S10 Blazer 22's - currently undergoing a a major revamp!
    -->Project Full Feature<--
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

2002 S10 Blazer 22's - currently undergoing a a major revamp!
    -->Project Full Feature<--
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

Except for the drivers door that really looks good. Now hurry up and finish that door.
    Genius by birth, Slacker by choice.

get to blockin! looks great
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post