Thread: Flat Black

Flat Black

I did a search but didn't come up with excattly what I'm looking for. I painted my jimmy flat black and i try to keep it as clean as possible. Ever since the first time i washed it, It go some really nasty water spots that i cant get rid of. Do you guys have any ideas of what i can do to get rid of these water spots or fade them a little it drives me nuts. THANKS

Try using satin black as it won't spot as bad. Or mine doesn't...maybe I'm special (rolls eyes) I doubt that, but maybe drying with a chamios after a wash will help. Is this can primer or actual flat black paint?...I used paint not primer. BTW your GMC looks great!
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Edgar Allan Poe

Thanks!! I used rustoleum flat black paint idk what to do i mean there not to noticeable when its dry but when its wet or somewhat (clean) it looks bad

Flat paints and primers are pourous and will absorb moisture, so they're not a great choice for a daily. Switch to something with a sheen to it if you want to stick with an inexpensive paint job, or just get a real one.

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    you want hot rod flatz or somthing equivellent
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atomsmasher View Post
    Try using satin black as it won't spot as bad. Or mine doesn't...maybe I'm special (rolls eyes) I doubt that, but maybe drying with a chamios after a wash will help. Is this can primer or actual flat black paint?...I used paint not primer. BTW your GMC looks great!

x2, i used a paint called blitz black from john deere(real satin finish). i would use a shamee(sp?), and no water spots at all.
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

I think it is because the paints kind of rough i kinda rushed it to get it done. Im gonna redo it when it gets warmer out..:boink:

I have used eagle one nano wax detailer on mine. Try a small spot, I did behind my spare tire. I used a satin black industrial paint on mine and it has held up well, kinda wondering what its gonna look like in the spring from all the salt and grime from the winter.

AL

Graphic Artist 4 hire Whataburger's Avatar
    dude get some red shop rags you know the ones that you buy from autozone and polish your paint job everyday using those... after about a week or so depends on how much you polish, you will get the sheen and you paint will be much less porous and stain less.
    Gerald "WHATABURGER" Martin
    www.whatadesigns.com

Graphic Artist 4 hire Whataburger's Avatar
    when I say polish I mean rub the paint with them dont use any waxes or ploishers or anything
    Gerald "WHATABURGER" Martin
    www.whatadesigns.com

You need to go to the paint store and buy an epoxy primer paint. Regular primer out of the can will not hold up to the weather nore the water. It actually will absorb the water and cause rust issues down the road. Epoxy primer has a hardener which seals just like paint plus they can tint it most any color. I know alot of you use the can to save money but in the end it will cost you more when you get ready to put that nice paint on.
    Dale

85 S10 Blazer
    86 S15 Jimmy
    93 S10 Blazer
    99 S10 Blazer 4x4
    65 2-door Chevelle wagon

If you really want a flat black look, using a non-gloss clear coat over the flat base will work great.