Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: $500-$600 for performance upgrades

  1. #1
    Lovin Life oxsign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    844

    $500-$600 for performance upgrades

    It's a 4.3 in my 4dr. What should I get, and what would make the most improvements? Thx guys, Vic. :cool:
    Last edited by oxsign; 01-25-2008 at 11:43 AM.
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

  2. #2
    ls1+t56+01=love low86blazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hockey town of pittsburgh
    Posts
    4,178
    270 comp cam, headers, heads,tbi.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

  3. #3
    Lovin Life oxsign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by low86blazer View Post
    270 comp cam, headers, heads,tbi.
    :eek: all that for under $600?????
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

  4. #4
    Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,525
    you doing the work or no?
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

  5. #5
    ls1+t56+01=love low86blazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hockey town of pittsburgh
    Posts
    4,178
    Not all of it but those are the best choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lyndon, Kansas
    Posts
    7,511
    it all depends on what year blazer you have


    89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

    Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

  7. #7
    Lovin Life oxsign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    844
    I will be doing the work with the help of a buddy (a GM tech) that is pretty good at doing this kinda work. The blazer is a '92, but the motor is out of an '02 xtreme with 50,xxx on it. The truck will also be a daily since I don't have the company truck anymore. :(
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lyndon, Kansas
    Posts
    7,511
    so i assume u kept the same fuel injection, or did you leave the origional top end.

    Cam would be the biggest gain for your money, vortec or nonvortec they both had horrible cams, that and get a tune on the truck from a dyno shop or u can do the laptop route if you ahve the time and patience. and that will get you goin. Since you already have the vortec heads, your part way there already.

    assuming u already have intake and exhaust.


    89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

    Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

  9. #9
    Lovin Life oxsign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    so i assume u kept the same fuel injection, or did you leave the origional top end.

    Cam would be the biggest gain for your money, vortec or nonvortec they both had horrible cams, that and get a tune on the truck from a dyno shop or u can do the laptop route if you ahve the time and patience. and that will get you goin. Since you already have the vortec heads, your part way there already.

    assuming u already have intake and exhaust.
    Intake I have as well as a flowmaster 40. I did (will) be leaving the original top end. So far, it seems like a tuning & cam is what everyone on 3 forums is leaning more towards.
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

  10. #10
    Ultra Flat Black Member 88S10_Blazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Vernon, NJ
    Posts
    1,733
    http://www.holley.com/502-7.asp

    get one of those and let me know how it works, haha.

    *edit
    just noticed that it says "motor out of an extreme", i'm an ass. still would love to know how good that throttle body works.
    Carl.

    if you didn't build it with your own two hands, its not really yours.

    http://www.myspace.com/7711952

  11. #11
    Zombie Killer 6SpeedBlazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lake St. Louis
    Posts
    6,594
    Quote Originally Posted by 88S10_Blazer View Post
    http://www.holley.com/502-7.asp

    get one of those and let me know how it works, haha.

    *edit
    just noticed that it says "motor out of an extreme", i'm an ass. still would love to know how good that throttle body works.
    those tbi units are shit, stay away from them

  12. #12
    5.7L VORTEC 350 blazin4low's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    2,615
    you said it's a 02 engine so it's not TBI, right? in that case if you kept it all EFI like the 02 than it should be running off a LSx PCM, the LSx PCMs are the same as the 4.8,5.3,6.0 trucks and the same as corvettes and camaros.......that computer will support anything you want to do to that motor.......put on your bolts and then get a custom dyno tune and you should have a good power increase........with that computer you should be able to have any shop with LSx software(EFI Live, HP Tuners, etc.) tune your motor as long as you wired the data port into the harness.........sorry for the long post i just switched to the LSx PCM in my blazer and that PCM opens soooo many new doors......
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

  13. #13
    5.7L VORTEC 350 blazin4low's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    2,615
    delete....double post my bad.....lag BS
    Last edited by blazin4low; 01-25-2008 at 09:07 PM.
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

  14. #14
    Lovin Life oxsign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by blazin4low View Post
    you said it's a 02 engine so it's not TBI, right? in that case if you kept it all EFI like the 02 than it should be running off a LSx PCM, the LSx PCMs are the same as the 4.8,5.3,6.0 trucks and the same as corvettes and camaros.......that computer will support anything you want to do to that motor.......put on your bolts and then get a custom dyno tune and you should have a good power increase........with that computer you should be able to have any shop with LSx software(EFI Live, HP Tuners, etc.) tune your motor as long as you wired the data port into the harness.........sorry for the long post i just switched to the LSx PCM in my blazer and that PCM opens soooo many new doors......
    This is where I'm lost, lol. I have no idea how (or where) to do any of this stuff. I've been trying to do some reading, but it's kinda hard to understand.:0
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

  15. #15
    5.7L VORTEC 350 blazin4low's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    2,615
    well if it's all still the same as it was in the 02 then you can call or go to any tuner pretty much..........if i can help i will, but i just wreaked ti front my baby and will be spending much of my time trying to fix her.....rain sucks soo bad......i just can't believe i focked up the blaze:nod:
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •