Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bouncy Ride

Bouncy Ride

So I just lowered my Blazer, 3" keys and 4" blocks. The ride is bouncy though. I'm wondering, do I just need different struts in the back? And do I need stiffer or softer ones? Thanks for the help.

Welcome to lowering a 4x4, lol. With 4" blocks you might be close to sitting on the frame.
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

Banned
    check all 4 bumpstops, you are probably almost right on all of them. The bumpstop and bumpstop mounts need to be cut off.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Hey thanks, I checked and it's riding on them. So I'll cut those out. Thanks for the help.

Flint Town.michigan rollin like bentleys on michelins
    ahhh, the wonderful world of lowering a 4x4 haha gotta love it

So I cut the bump stops down, I didn't cut the bracket off because of fear of hitting the frame with the rear leafs. But my point, since doing this the ride is A LOT more like it used to be. Thanks guys for the help.

may have to do the same thing to mine when i get back. i figured it just rode like hell. lol.
    you know how i know im going to heaven? ive already been to hell!! operation iraqi freedom 08-09

my 4x4 is dropped 5/4 and rides like a little sports car, using the proper shock will make a big diff, as 4 inches lower is well out of the factory limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Turner View Post
    my 4x4 is dropped 5/4 and rides like a little sports car, using the proper shock will make a big diff, as 4 inches lower is well out of the factory limit.
    I agree!!! Also if you used blocks to lower the truck make sure you get the correct shocks for the it and that might be the stock height shock. The reason I say stock height shock is because when you use block the only thing that changes is the rear end is lifted but the shock mounts distance of travel stay the same.

You could also replace them with aftermarket low-profile urethane bump stops, pancakes up front, and conical ones in the rear. I used Energy Suspension brand ones, same bolt size and thread as the factory bump stops. Drop shocks will help your ride as well, but aren't totally necessary.

Banned
    that would work, but anythign over 3 inches or so your gonna be right on them, the whole mount and everything has to go bye bye... you can then put a little bumpstop on the frame then....

Or jsut go all the way and do it right with a bolt in frame notch which may sound like an intimidating job to some but is only a small afternoon project and is WELL worth it.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Mine isn't on the bump stops or even bottom out, but is a little soft/spongie on the highway, thinking about stiffer shocks for the front, what have you guys used??

AL
    1983 S10 355/350
    1998 Blazer LT
    2000 Deville
    2000 Astro AWD
    1998 ZR2 Excab
    2002 S10 reg cab

Quote Originally Posted by AL4X4S10 View Post
    Mine isn't on the bump stops or even bottom out, but is a little soft/spongie on the highway, thinking about stiffer shocks for the front, what have you guys used??

AL
    I've had A set of Belltech Nitro Drop 2's on my old blazer for about 2 and a half years now. Granted, it's been sitting in the driveway for 6 months, but they work fine, nice ride, not too harsh, but not too mushy either.

Quote Originally Posted by abachtold View Post
    So I just lowered my Blazer, 3" keys and 4" blocks. The ride is bouncy though. I'm wondering, do I just need different struts in the back? And do I need stiffer or softer ones? Thanks for the help.
    For me, you should have stiffer one. :D

Lol... no wonder it's a Bouncy Ride. :D

Quote Originally Posted by oxsign View Post
    Welcome to lowering a 4x4, lol. With 4" blocks you might be close to sitting on the frame.
    Negotiate Agreements

:boink::evil::smoker::nono: