Thread: still having steering trouble

Question still having steering trouble

I have a 96 s10 blazer, 4x4, 4.3, auto. has very loos steering, have changed all 4 tie rods, new ball joints, shocks, two alignments and have adjusted the steering box and put on a new coupling and new tires. it is really bad at speeds over 45, drivable at lower speeds...what could it be besides these parts, the idler and pitman arms? any help would be appreciated.....

Quote Originally Posted by mailee75 View Post
    I have a 96 s10 blazer, 4x4, 4.3, auto. has very loos steering, have changed all 4 tie rods, new ball joints, shocks, two alignments and have adjusted the steering box and put on a new coupling and new tires. it is really bad at speeds over 45, drivable at lower speeds...what could it be besides these parts, the idler and pitman arms? any help would be appreciated.....
    I can't remember what they call it. But have you replaced the bar that goes from the steering column to the steering box? I want to say worm gear but I can't remember what they call them.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

i replaced the rag joint (steering coupling) in the steering shaft....if that's what your talking about

i replaced the rag joint (steering coupling) in the steering shaft....if that's what your talking about
    Yeah that's it. I couldn't remember the name. I can only think of that and maybe the shocks or the alignment.

Check out my ride.

check ur pit man arm, idler arm, and ur center link, tht could be teh problem
    1988 S10 SFX 2.5L 5speed: Daily:boink:
    1991 GMC S15SOLD
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinmt View Post
    Nah, tweed is timeless (kinda like how farts will always be funny). I love a nicely done tweed interior.

Quote Originally Posted by SportS15 View Post
    check ur pit man arm, idler arm, and ur center link, tht could be teh problem
    I forgot about the center link. I know that's caused it for me before but the other two parts would be effected too since they connect to them.

Check out my ride.

is there a way to check the center link?

to tell you the truth, i know how the stuff goes together and tht they can cause the problem you are having but im not sure how to test it, srry
    1988 S10 SFX 2.5L 5speed: Daily:boink:
    1991 GMC S15SOLD
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinmt View Post
    Nah, tweed is timeless (kinda like how farts will always be funny). I love a nicely done tweed interior.

The only way I knew mine was bad was the guy at firestone told me I needed to change it. Of course I had it changed somewhere else cause they wanted to much.

Check out my ride.

i got tires at firestone, they said that my idler arm and pitman were a lil loose but nothing to be concerned abou...beginning to think they might have been wrong....:(

it's not like there's much involved in the steering...lol....eventually i'll get the right part i guess...lol

i got tires at firestone, they said that my idler arm and pitman were a lil loose but nothing to be concerned abou...beginning to think they might have been wrong....:(
    it's not like there's much involved in the steering...lol....eventually i'll get the right part i guess...lol
    LOL they could have been. If you've done the rest of them the ones that are left should solve it. Unless the ball joints were done wrong.

Check out my ride.