Thread: Tubular upper control arms for dropping

Banned

Tubular upper control arms for dropping

If anyone is interested in tubular control arms for dropping a 4 wheel drive, let me know. I have a fabricating shop by my house, and they are going to make me a set. These will allow you to run Shockwaves to lower your ride with no other mod other than removing your torsion bars and beefing up the lower & upper shock mount. I will post pic's when they are done and installed. This is just a heads up, as I can't find anyone that makes them anymore. Barnyard seems to be out of buisness. The more he makes, the cheaper they will become. Let ya know how much when mine are done

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    I think you better do alittle more investigation on that. You will not be able to just bolt up a shockwave to your stock shock mount, a coil over will fit but thats it.
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

Banned
    according to the measurements, the shockwaves lower half is the same diameter as a stock shock. the bag part is 5.5 in diameter which is why i am having upper tubulars made. if you beef up the stock shock mounts with trusses i have been reassured it will be strong enough. the co. making these have been building suspensions on circle track cars and race cars for years. Like i said , when all is done, i will post all the info on what needs to be done. i know for a fact the shockwaves will handle the weight of the truck no problem. thier capacity is above the weight.I know you went about it a different way, and it worked. but there is always room for new ways to do things. besides, a coilover will cause me to loose the front axles.

I take it you are planing on using the double convoluted shockwave. Yes the shock is close the same diameter. How low are you trying to go? What is you ride height going to be? Yes i would consider gusseting the uppper shock mount. Yes the shockwave can easily handle the weight thats not the problem. I am not bashing you for going a differnt way, i mean you are copying my setup. I am all for doing new things.

Here is how i know you dont completely know how you havent done your research:

Here is one of three companies that make a coilover kit that will let you keep you 4x4

http://www.sytyperformance.com/index...mart&Itemid=26

If you give me more if on what you are wanting to achive I am more then willing to help you get it all worked out.

Banned
    yes, the double convoluted shockwave is what i was looking at.the 1000 i think. i have plans on gusseting the upper and lower mount for strength. how low? as far as it will go. can you send me pic's of your setup. i really want to stay away from coilovers. any suggestions would be appreciated. i have to keep in mind that this is also my daily driver.

i really need a 2wd 4dr.. delinquent266's Avatar
    how is this coming along? any pics of them yet?
    '93 GMC Jimmy s15 4x4.
    *black 20s
    *18" Kicker solo-x
    *4/3 drop.
    *Flowmaster muffler w/dual exit.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/delinquent266

149.2 dB at the dash at 45 Hz

Justin's quest to reach 150dB!!!

A buddy of mine built me these control arms for my Sy

1991 GMC Syclone bagged laying frame on 18's and 20's
    Balistik Customs
    Our show http://www.myspace.com/campndrag

those look pretty good but why does the ball joint plate look rotated so much, not that it matters
    Last edited by 98low4x4blazer; 06-03-2009 at 04:51 PM.

I dont know, but I've had them on my Sy since 07 without a problem and they fit perfectly
    1991 GMC Syclone bagged laying frame on 18's and 20's
    Balistik Customs
    Our show http://www.myspace.com/campndrag