Thread: Motor Swaps!!

Motor Swaps!!

k so im doing 2 motor swaps and i need help with what all i need
    im putting a 350 in my 91 blazer it has a 4.3 in it now and a 4.3 in my 94 s10 that has the 2.2 in it now
    so if someone could make a complete list of what all i will need it would be greatly apprecated
    to be old and wise you must first be young and stupid

Quote Originally Posted by 91chevyblaze View Post
    k so im doing 2 motor swaps and i need help with what all i need
    im putting a 350 in my 91 blazer it has a 4.3 in it now and a 4.3 in my 94 s10 that has the 2.2 in it now
    so if someone could make a complete list of what all i will need it would be greatly apprecated
    what do you plan on doing for fuel delivery, trans and exhaust.

whatever works lol

well the blazer i was wanted to use like a turbo 400 trans if itll fit and if i can find a drivetrain to fit but the s10 i dont wanna do anything to major just mainly upgraded the motor but keepin it stock

Quote Originally Posted by 91chevyblaze View Post
    whatever works lol
    be more specific then we can help you.

whatever works means bailing wire and bubble gum for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by 6SpeedBlazer View Post
    be more specific then we can help you.

whatever works means bailing wire and bubble gum for some people.
    Sounds like the workmanship on the s10 i got ..lol

I would use a 700R4 for both.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

Banned
    before i list it all out, there are several different ways you can do this to make the most out of what you got, but we gotta know, what is your goal for each, sounds like the s10 you want it to be just like a factory running 4.3 truck.

What about the blazer, you want it to run like a stock v8 with overdrive or you what some goodies?

what are the milages on ALL your compenents on your two truck so we know which would be good to use for what.

What 350 do you have now? or do you have one? (as in the year)

Do you want efi for both, or just one? or niether?

First priority? which gets the most budget?

etc etc.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    before i list it all out, there are several different ways you can do this to make the most out of what you got, but we gotta know, what is your goal for each, sounds like the s10 you want it to be just like a factory running 4.3 truck.

What about the blazer, you want it to run like a stock v8 with overdrive or you what some goodies?

what are the milages on ALL your compenents on your two truck so we know which would be good to use for what.

What 350 do you have now? or do you have one? (as in the year)

Do you want efi for both, or just one? or niether?

First priority? which gets the most budget?

etc etc.
    yea for the s10 that is what i want.for the blazer im not sure bout the year of the 350 i bought it from one of my buddies and he doesnt know what year it is either. i want to eventually put some performance parts on it but for now im just gonna keep it stock cause im just bout out of money in my budget. im not sure what efi is so i cant answer that quistion. yea both need to be done asap and the blazer is getting the bigger budget

Banned
    well you can keep your transmission in your blazer and all the wiring harness for the engine, and take the 4.3 longblock out, and put the 5.7 longblock in, put ALL you sensors back on including your throttle body. Then the only thing you need to change out is a 5.7 version of: esc module on firewall, prom, the actual injectors themselves. Keep the stock radiator even, just move it into the core support and pick up some electric fans.....

then put the 4.3 longblock and find another 700r4 or whatever tranny you want, and put it into the s10 with a carb on it, then wire up a simple torque converter clutch lockup switch...

Or you can keep EVERYTHING, 4.3, full engine harness and ecm, transmission, radiator, and swap it all into your s10, then put the 350 in your blazer with a carb, and find your th400 or whatever tranny you want and put that in, get a new radiator, and electric fans, basically everything will be redone from scratch.

so in short, either one truck will be all stock stuff, and one will be started from scratch OR use your parts on both and get some new stuff for both.....just depends on how fast you want each truck to be done, and how much modification to each etc etc...

Think about that for a while and when you need more details let us know.... Or repost over on v8s10.org since blazinlow doesnt have a whole lot of drivetrain people much anymore...

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

The T400 isn't a bolt-in in terms of a v8 kit compatibility those are geared more for T350/ 700R4.

"Cheap" and replacing a motor with a different motor for 2 different vehicles is probably unrealistic. If $1500 sounds expensive then stop and repair the best of the 2 vehicles as it sits.