Thread: Front side window weatherstriping

2.8 liters of pure power! jasond's Avatar

Front side window weatherstriping

Can anyone give me some idea on how to replace the wheatherstriping around the front windows on a 1st gen? The driver's side is shot, and it won't hold the guides in place. I can't roll the window down without it falling out. Thanks

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    are you sure it isnt the plastic clips on the windows themselves?

It's not the clips themselves, I just replaced them. The weatherstrip that holds them in is shot. It's ripped up and won't hold the clips in.

lmc sells them, jcwhitney does i think, and ive heard you can find them on ebay from A1 auto. However i have yet to here anything great about them. Everyone says they are a cheaply made aftermarket part, but are better than nothing. But dont expect them to be a factory match. If there are any junkyards i say try to find a 94 blazer and or atleast one with some good window channels to get.

TO change them you have to pull the window and there are a few screws, one or two on each side, inside the door. Then there more inside the window track itself. The entire window channel (felt/seal and metal part) will come out once all the screws are removed, its going to take some wiggling and such but it will come

A member on s10planet had some from lmc, he had to reuse his factory channels. The lmc channels wouldn't hold the window guides in place. I'm not looking forward to pulling the window out.

Its not that hard, id suggest getting a new set of plastic clips though, i always seem to destroy mine taking the window out, but ifyour channels are that ruff, they should come right out. BUt its easy for me b/c i havent had door panels in my truck in a few years lol

Are there screws inside the channels inside the door? I haven't popped the panel off yet, my girl uses it for a daily and I haven't had a chance to tear into it.

yea, they are inside the channel

I'm gonna head to the salvage yard tuesday and see what I can dig up. You've been a big help. Thanks alot.