Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Low Profile

Low Profile

hey any of u tire buffs... i am wondering what the lowest profile tire would be that i can put on 15's on my 89 2door 4WD S-Blazer...i have 15" american racing rims...and im gonna move up to 17's next summer but i dont want to buy new 17's for winter in new england and get them all shitted up with road salt and crap...so i have to use my 15's till then so whats the lowest pro i would be good with?

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    low pros are shitty in snow... but a good "small" tire would be a 215/55/15. Almost the exact same diameter as a 215/45/17. Both of those will look goofy on a 4x4 unless you have it slammed.

yea its gonna be dropped with the belltech kit u think it would look decent then?

you could still go even meatier. S/T Lover has 225/55/17 (correct me if I'm wrong, Sean..) and its pretty good. That gives you a lot more options for all season tires when you go that big. Getting something tiny like a 215/45 will basically be all performance tires or really high quality all season (which means $$$$$)

yea...i jus want some decent lookin tires to hold me over till spring...i need 15's though not 17's can u recomend anything...yep its sean

haha, thats a coincidence.. S/T Lovers name is Sean.. I was askin him to confirm thats his tire size... haha, anyways... a 225/60/15 or a 225/65/15 will fill up the wheel well nicely.. .I'd say go with the 225/60... that will be great for what yo uneed.. 225/65 might be a little cheaper though.. check prices on both.

haha oh yea i forgot his name was sean....any suggestions on tire brands...and is a 60 or 65 series tire gonna look pretty meaty or what? i dont really want them to look like 4WD tires...u know what i mean? any pics or whatever would be great...thanks for all the help man

i checked on some 205/ 55/15's and they will run a little over $75
    http://groups.msn.com/ExoticCustoms

this link is for my truck club, feel free to join the site is still being built but most of it is up and running.

http://www.exoticustoms.8m.com

muhahahahahaha(evil laugh):D
    check this link out:)

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/sierranaked.jpg/

I had 215/65/15 on my s10 for a few hours... they don't look meaty at all. 205/55 will be really small. Also 205/55 is considered a performance size...

thanks dude...what brand are they? and im assuming 75 a piece obviously...75 total would be great...haha

the 215/65's I had were eagle HPs... I got them used with like no tread on them just so I could smoke them off.. actually.. I have a picture...

Obviously the rears...correct me if im wrong...yea those arent bad at all...but still i need some tire brands guys...help me out here...thanks much

Michelin if you got the cash. I swear by them... thats all I will ever buy again. Some other decent brands are Bridgestone, Good Year, Sumitomo, Yokohama (not the avid!!!), General, and BF Goodrich. Try checking the local tire shops in your area. I know the shop I work at (subsidiary of Sears) has its own tire line that only a few places get. They're really inexpensive and still come with a warrenty comparable to tires twice the price. Just check around.

aight thanks man i was checkin the michelin website but i didnt find any 215/65's...if u could gimme a specific model thatd be great if not uve helped enough thanks very much to both of u...peace Oh and about how much do these michelins run?

Slow Ride
    BFG T/A or Firestone SS20 P225/60 or P235/60 Just my opinion