Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Low Profile

oh ok

heres the Goodyear Eagle GPS

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    Those look like an economy touring tire. They should work just fine for what you plan to do with them.

ok...u think theyd be a good winter tire or not? and any comments about wear?

I bet they wont be amazing in the snow, but they look to be an all season tire. As for treadwear, I don't know. like I said.. I don't deal with that particular tire. If the price fits your budget I'd say go for it.

ok...if i spend the extra money on some Michelin Pilot XGT's how many miles/seasons/years should i expect to get out of them? and would u say those are a good winter/bad weather tire

I forget the exact milage warrenty. I would think either 60k or 80k miles. They are great in all weather. They wear wonderfully. I have seen people at work get 140k miles out of a set. That is one of the main reasons I chose them. Not to mention the solid tread design and stiff sidewalls. When a tire is a motherfucker to mount... that means its high quality... and let me tell you... 215/45/17s are a REAL MOTHERFUCKER to mount :bigthumb: If you plan on using the 15in rims for awhile, I'd highly recommend the Michelins over the Good Years. If you plan on getting some bigger rims in the next 2 years or so.. just get the Good Years. But you get what you pay for...

well i was thinkin that if i do get some nice Boyd rims or whatever some nice chrome 17's then im not gonna wanna ride them in the winter with all the road salt and crap so id put the 15's back on for winter...so if i did that and only used the michelins for winter u think id get 3-4 years out of em?

you'd get more than 3 - 4 years from them if you only rode them in the winter. Especially if you rotate regularly and stored them properly over the summer.

how much more am i lookin at?

depends on how long you run them... just figure on average 50k miles... thats a lot out of a tire.

hell yea it is...thanks a lot john

no problem, you're welcome.

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    Are we talking about the stock star shaped 4X4 rims? Or an after market? If you are still at stock height and worried about the winter I'd shop accordingly. You can always sell the wheels outrite for what you paid for the tires alone. The stock 15X7's can take up to a 265/50SR15 before you need to worry about peeling off the side walls by cornering too hard. If it's an aftermarket 8" wide rim you can get a 295/50SR15 BFG Radial T/A from Summit for about $100.00 each. They are tall but over a foot wide and great in the snow. Any one with a truck would buy them used for good $$$. I almost wrecked twice the year I rolled Z-28 15X7's with the factory size 215/65R15 Vipers still on them. If you haven't touched your truck yet then use it for getting around this season and worry about the hook up next summer.
    "All I need iz 1 mic"

He said he wanted to lower it 3". That limits him much more.