Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What setup do I have?

2.8 liters of pure power! jasond's Avatar

What setup do I have?

Can somebody tell me exactly what I have here? The blazer was lowered when I bought it. I know the blocks are 3", but are those drop springs also? It currently has air shocks on the rear to help level it out, I want to do away with those and get some different blocks and shocks.

looks like factory springs with possibly 2 leafs taken out.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    yea thats deff. a stock leaf pack with all but two leaves taken out. the air shocks are most probably used to lift it up. Id get some drop leafs to start with

Is there another manufacturer of drop leafs other than bell tech?

ground force might, but the only ones i know of are belltech. Personally id get some stock leafs, pulls the second to largest leaf, and get some nice blocks from JTR or something. Im not too terribly fond of my belltech leafs.

Banned
    what he said /\

I ran stock with leaf pulled and beltech and they felt exact same, ecept my pocket was thinner on the later...

Unless you can find some stock style's that are de-arched.

Oh, and suicide doors bolt in notch is awesome! when you get some good suspension travel.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

ZQ8 leafs with a leaf removed and drop blocks over Bell-tech leafs IMO.

Will it be fine with the leafs that are under it?

i wouldnt run them personally, most of the weight of your truck is being held by air shocks. Id let the air out the shocks and see how much it drops, just to give yourself an idea of the weight they are taking. To bad your far away ive got some stock leafs you could have, hell id even pull the leaf for you.

I let all of the air out of the shocks last night, when I do the rear sits lower that the front. My goal is to have it sit level, or a slight rake without the air shocks. Looks like I might have to hit summit up for some drop leafs.

You could also take the blocks out to get the lift that you want. That could at least hold you over til you get a different set of springs to save your shocks.

Hustle By Any Means UnfinishedBusin's Avatar
    hey jasond... i saw this thread just kind of ended, i was wondering where you are sitting now with your airshocks and leafs? if you still got the shocks, how much to get rid of them? im only down in OKC, could make a weekend road trip one day possibly if you still got them....

Sorry, I haven't been on here in a while. The springs and shocks are still under the truck, until I can do something different. I'm working on redoing the front right now. I'm ditching the 3" drop coils in favor of 2" drop coils and 2" spindles.

Bumpin an old thread of mine. I finally got the belltech leafs and some nitro2 drop shocks under the 'ol blazer. It's sitting a little high in the rear, I'm gonna wait and see how it settles before I throw a block in there. Here's a pic:

This is right after I got done, Superbee came over and gave me a hand with the install. The truck has settled a bit, only about 50 miles on the springs so far. I still have to do the front.

Banned
    LOL wow it does sit high in the rear :eek:

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4