Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaved Wiper Cowl

87blazer

Shaved Wiper Cowl

how do you go about shaving your wiper cowl? what do you do about those 2 holes? do you have to rip those spinning things out? what do you do when it rains? what will happen when i turn my wipers on..where will the water go?

Are you talking about the whole cowl plate or just wiper blaze holes? Are you any good at bodywork???
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

87blazer
    i'm talking about the whole cowl. what i don't understand is how to fill in all those lines and those 2 holes..i mean i can't just put bondo on it...it will like fall through..yes i'm preaty good at bodywork

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    you can use sheet meatle and tack it on the back to close the holes. Then use filler for the rest. Not normal bondo will work, you need to use kitty hair. I'm not sure of the real name for it but I 110% sure Slim knows it. I'm drinking, give me a break:cool:
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

87blazer
    ok..sounds preaty simple...i'll give it a try

hey 87 blazer do you have a picture of all of these body mods you have done.

I am interested
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

87blazer
    i don't have a scanner at this time but i will get one preaty soon.

Body Mod Genius
    the best way to go about this is to cut it out with a plasma cutter or tin snips and cut around the vents and holes for the wipers. Cut a piece of sheet metal out to fit behind it and tack weld in, watch your heat so the metal doesn't warp . Then your goin to either cut your two rods for your wipers or have to take out the whole assembly I just took mine out. Then do your body work over the sheet metal that u welded in and prime. If I can get some pics online I will I did mine and I have pics on shaved door handles and body lines buying a scanner next week hopefully. if u have anymore ?'s let me know see ya

You can simply tack in a strip of sheet metal to the back and fill all the holes with Kitty Hair, then finish with Bondo.

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    Originally posted by BlazinBlue
    you can use sheet meatle and tack it on the back to close the holes. Then use filler for the rest. Not normal bondo will work, you need to use kitty hair. I'm not sure of the real name for it but I 110% sure Slim knows it. I'm drinking, give me a break:cool:
    Yah, I'm with slims way. I don't like cutting and replacing. I like the seal and fill way :cool:
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

It's easy and works like a charm:bigthumb:

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    does anyone sell wiper crowls that are already all shaved? if i were to shave mine i'd still want me wipers..i live in oregon it rain everyday! but if i were to shave it myself is it as easy as it sounds? just fill with kitty hair then bondo then slap on a sander?
    DRAG THAT SHIT!!!

My SSM profile, drop a tag!

Body Mod Genius
    It's easier said then done but if u have time u can do it. Some people like to take the easy way out and just fill with kitty hair but I talked with a 3M rep. and he said that is not a good idea. But your truck u do it how u want what year is your truck I can do one and mail it to u I'll just pic one up in a junk yard its up to u.

Owner/Pimp of "Green Ho"

Cool There are a few aftemarket...

fiberglass ones available if you don't wanna mess your OEM up. Hey snakes10 how much $ you want to make and send me one for my '94 Jimmy? What method do you propose use for shaving it? I would definately want to keep the wiper holes and washer sprayer intact.
    Last edited by blueskyjack; 01-16-2002 at 12:00 PM.
    '94 Jimmy, 4.3 CPI, CFM Stage III heads, competition valve job, Ferrea stainless valves, Comp 1.52 rollers, ARP studs, K&N FIPK & CAI, Stage II chip, 160 stat, #60 electric fan, UD crank pulley, Zexel w/3.42, B&M Shift+, Dynomax SS UltraFlo catback, Jacobs ignition w/UltraCoil & 8mm Taylor Spiro-Pro, #1 RapidFires

Body Mod Genius
    I can go to the junk yard and grab one up. U pay for the cost of shipping, material, and 20 bucks that will work fine. If u read up farther thats how I did mine I don't like to use kitty hair to fill in such a big hole. But it all comes down to preference thats all. Everybody as there own way but thats how I did mine and I'll just put in primer and u can get base and clear shot over it. Let me know where u live at then and I'll look around see ya