Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shaved Wiper Cowl

Owner/Pimp of "Green Ho"

Cool

I've never heard of anyone doing it that way. Seems like it would be built up too high and you'd also have a lot of extra work to keep the contours of the edges clean. Most people tack weld thin sheet metal onto the area behind the louvers. I'm not sure but I think snakes10 actually cut out all the louvers first. Then you just fill, smooth and blend it out back up to the orginal height of the rest of the cowl.
    '94 Jimmy, 4.3 CPI, CFM Stage III heads, competition valve job, Ferrea stainless valves, Comp 1.52 rollers, ARP studs, K&N FIPK & CAI, Stage II chip, 160 stat, #60 electric fan, UD crank pulley, Zexel w/3.42, B&M Shift+, Dynomax SS UltraFlo catback, Jacobs ignition w/UltraCoil & 8mm Taylor Spiro-Pro, #1 RapidFires

Body Mod Genius
    Yes I plasma cut out the louvers and made two pieces of sheet metal for the back and used a compression spot welder to weld them to the cowl panel. This spot welder I got works great keeps the heat within 5mm of the spot weld itself. Then applied duraglass fiberglass filler for the first coat then a coat on regular filler. Then a light coat of glazing putty and primed it.

Owner/Pimp of "Green Ho"

Cool Again I say you did a nice job.

All I did was sand a couple small spots, primer coat, wet sand, partial top coat. Only got about a half layer of the first color coat done. I used up the only spray can I had left over from doing my grille shell and ran out. All parts stores are out of my color so I may have to let the school body shop finish it when they do my air dam.
    '94 Jimmy, 4.3 CPI, CFM Stage III heads, competition valve job, Ferrea stainless valves, Comp 1.52 rollers, ARP studs, K&N FIPK & CAI, Stage II chip, 160 stat, #60 electric fan, UD crank pulley, Zexel w/3.42, B&M Shift+, Dynomax SS UltraFlo catback, Jacobs ignition w/UltraCoil & 8mm Taylor Spiro-Pro, #1 RapidFires

Little bit off-topic here, but how the hell do you get the wipers off??? Is there a trick to it, or am I just retarded?

Body Mod Genius
    If u look right underneath the wiper there is a little clip that hangs over the edge holding the wiper to the wiper motor, Take a small screw driver and pry that out just enough to clear that lip and pull the wiper assembly straight up hope that helps

ONCE BAGGED 4X4 MEMBER Trigga187's Avatar
    I think I'm the retarted one.....how the hell do I remove the cowl?
    Good Bye Blazer

Once you get your wipers off, there's 2 bolts right beside the hinges for your hood. Pop those off and you're set.

Owner/Pimp of "Green Ho"

Cool There..

should also be a few small screws along the front channel.

Body Mod Genius
    There should be two torq screws on the top of the colw inside those ugly black plastic peices. Then open your hood theres about 5 or 6 screws under the hood your goin to need a stuby screw driver for that. Then just work it off its not excatly goin to come staright off unless your have your hood off but it is possible make sure not to scratch your windsheild

I was about to shave my wiper cowl a few weeks ago. A friend of mine said that I can just buy an after-market cowl that's smooth already. I've heard this a few times now, does anyone know where?? I haven't been able to find a place yet:blowup:
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

ONCE BAGGED 4X4 MEMBER Trigga187's Avatar
    this is the only one that I've seen and I think it's NASTY!

Good Bye Blazer

Body Mod Genius
    man that does look nasty but I looked around and thats all I found for the older style trucks :mad:

Owner/Pimp of "Green Ho"

That is...

Originally posted by Trigga187
    this is the only one that I've seen and I think it's NASTY!

...not a shaved wiper cowl. That is a wiper cowl that just covers the OEM one. I think I've seen fiberglass shaved wiper cowls at US Bodysource web site.

Yeah, that's more of a bug shield. I hate those damn things. Mine came with one on the hood when I bought it. I ripped that thing off the same day and it had rubbed throught the paint. Now I have a big blue (stock primer) line across my hood.
    Yet another reason I need to do a full prep and primer.:rolleyes:
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    i checked us bodysource for already shaved wiper crowl but they aint got um ethier, i've been lookin all over for one too..
    DRAG THAT SHIT!!!

My SSM profile, drop a tag!