Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: th350

th350

i have swapped out the 5 speed for the th350. install the th350 with no problems. it went in easy. i had my daughter help me. she operated the jack. the trans went in so easy. i thought something was wrong. well it was. the f#4king trans won't come out of park. it's been 2 weeks since i put it in and the guy that put the trans together has suppose to been here already and fix it. is there something that i can do. b/c i'm tired of waiting. i took the pan off but to me everything looks right. any help would be helpful. i don't want to take it out b/c i won't get as lucky putting it back in the truck. i'm just pissed right now.

O ya pimpin in the shade MBlazer's Avatar
    only thing i can think of is maybe check your cable for your shifter to make sure it is adjusted correctly:confused:
    1986 S-10 Blazer-Sold
    1987 Astro Van

Registered User Catching Second's Avatar
    I'm just curious, why did you decide to swap your 5 speed out for a th350? I have a th350 and wouldn't mind having a 5 speed in it right now.
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

mblazer- the shifter cable is not hooked up yet.

catching second- b/c i was having problems with it alot. also i think that gearing in the trans was a little weird. i had to shift into 5th before i got done the track. and i was only going 80. and i figured one day i would drive it to work. so i was on my way home. so i goose it to light up the tires. pull to light. my clutch pedal was gone. no pressure at all.broke the slave cylinder. i don't drive it that much either and the track is pretty close to me.just got tired of it.

Is the driveshaft in?? If so, make sure the weight of the truck is not pushing against the trans while it's in park. You know how hard they are to pull out of park with the cable much less without it when it's parked on a hill or in a bind.
    Beatin' imports on a daily basis

driveshaft is not in. torque convertor is not bolt to flexplate either. it is like something is stopping it.

Try spinning the converter while trying to shift it.
    Beatin' imports on a daily basis

got it. there was a rod that comes off the gear selector behind the pan. it has 2 bolts at the back of trans on the driver side. lossen them up and it worked.whooo. but now the driveshaft is too short.

Originally posted by m8w6r77
    ..... but now the driveshaft is too short.
    How short is too short?

Im guessing about 2 or 3", and you're using the 6" tailshaft. The NV3500 and the TH350 with the 9" tailshaft should be about the same length.

I didn't have any shaft mods swapping from my auto to the manual.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

it is about 3 inches too short.the driveshaft needs to be about 4ft from u joint to u joint. center of u joint to u joint

Sir Mr. BIG Wooou bonestockracing's Avatar
    Which bolts??
    the ones that hold the select spring and roller?
    Those need to be torqued (spell) to like 18-22 with the rest of your valve body.
    91 S-10 BLAZER 355 5speed / 13.2 @ 107 on Street Tires, Traction is a Bitch
    94 GMC Jimmy 4X4 / Daily Driver
    2006 Silverado Z71 CC/SB

"Beat it to fit , Paint it to match"

Hopefully you tightened those bolts back up after it came out of park!!!!! cause if not one time youll try to put it in park and there wont be any. not to mention you dont want those bolts or the bracket bouncing around in there.. is the rod probably not the right one?????:eek: :eek: :eek:
    oohh! He called me Sir, and for the first time didn't have "Your causing a scene" after it.

i tighten enough to that it would still work. the rod is what came in the trans.so it should work.i should find out if everything is ok this weekend. finishing up everything to get back on the road.

there is somting rong if it binds in park. put in drive or at least out of park and tighten the and see what it does. I'd hate to hear you trashed your tranny!!!!! good luck!!!!!
    oohh! He called me Sir, and for the first time didn't have "Your causing a scene" after it.