Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please take a look if your doing a V8 conversion on a S10/Blazer

Thumbs up Please take a look if your doing a V8 conversion on a S10/Blazer

UPDATED 8/05/03
    Please post all web links here to aid other members that are doing a V8 conversion on there S10/Blazer. Also post the exact link to the s-series vehicle(not just the website that has it). I like to see more members get involved with other members to aid in there conversion. I hate seeing a s-series setting in a salvage yard or front yard going bad. So I challenge each and every member to help me and ZZ4Blazer make this thread full as much info as we and you can gather up from the internet. As I find more info, I will post it. As for the ebay auctions, if they have ended, check back in a couple of days and they will be back or you may check seller's others auctions and you will be able to find it there. Thank you and good luck.

S10 V8 conversion kits from Car Shop Inc.

book prices

Mounts,radiator,offset oil filter adapter S10 and S-10 4 x 4 oil pan

Best radiator for cooling the V-8 S10 truck or Blazer

1982-93 stock 4.3L V6 conversion to V8, S10 pickup, 2wd, motor mounts

V8 conversion kit for a 2wd using a TH350 tranny

Hedman Hedders

Hedman Hedders:Ceramic Coated

Sanderson headers

1982-97 S-10/S-15, 4.3L stock frame, 2WD and 4WD, small block V8 conversion, motor mounts

1982-97 S-10/S-15, 2.8L stock frame, 2WD, small block V8 conversion, motor mounts

1982-93 stock 4.3L V6 conversion to V8, S10 pickup, 2WD, motor mounts

Be Cool Custom-Fit Aluminum Radiators:1982-93 S-10 Blazer, with automatic transmission, aluminum radiator

Pod for putting gauges on the pillar

UPDATED 08/05/03
    BlazinLow has a detailed link(Tech) that shows you how to do the V8 conversion. If that does not answer your questions, try doing a search. Most questions have already been asked and answered. After doing the search and you still have a question or would like more indepthed detail, by all means ask.

http://www.blazinlow.com/v81.php

Last edited by Yenko; 08-05-2003 at 01:17 PM.
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

Radiator

I donno if you wanna spend the money on one but i got a griffen aluminum 2 core wide rib radiator keeps my truck at 165-170 gets up to about 190 at red lights i got one 14 inch fan on it have to do some work to get it in there i got mine sitting on the frame rails but works great
    Last edited by Yenko; 11-09-2002 at 12:32 AM.

i was wondering if i switch trannsmissions to a th350 that if i could use 2wd motor mounts if my truck is originally a 4wd

As far as i Know you can if it had a 2.8 you have to have 2.8 motor mnts to mount the new mounts to them
    4x4 blazer 350 365 hp-700r street/strip conversion,megashifter,sanderson headers,oil pan, mounts, Holley 650, dual plane INTAKE,ACCEL HEI,alum radiator, NEW PAINT CAMILLION BLUE/ SILVER SS STRIPES

What really matters is if it was a 2.5 or a 2.8 it needs to be a 2.8 to keep the same mounts
    4x4 blazer 350 365 hp-700r street/strip conversion,megashifter,sanderson headers,oil pan, mounts, Holley 650, dual plane INTAKE,ACCEL HEI,alum radiator, NEW PAINT CAMILLION BLUE/ SILVER SS STRIPES

www.jagsthatrun.com
    get the book it's a great thing and so is this web site
    it's self
    lots of knowledgable people in here
    Last edited by Yenko; 10-16-2002 at 12:37 AM.
    RUN WITH SIZZORS!!!, I DO!!!

94 sonoma ext cab daily

86 blaze 2 dr 2wd ... v8 and layd on 18's

Does someone make a long tube header or is that custom made type stuff
    Computer games don't affect kids, I mean, if pac man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

hooker and hedman make long tubes
    this is a test of the sig

Question for the 4x4/awd guys doing the v8 swap... Am I stuck on using the expensive ass sanderson headers on my 4x4 swap since my truck is a 4x4?? Those Hedman's for $110 are much more pretty in my pocketbook, but I want to get the things that I need so that it is done right.. Also, should I just go with the 4.3L v8 mounts, or should I buy the 2.8's put them on there and then throw the sbc mounts on over top of them... Thanks guys
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    s/t lover go to the jags taht run site and get your stuff from them for the mounts and then im pretty sure taht hedman makes a set of headers for 4x4 or they might be the same but you will need a 4x4 oil pan
    Last edited by supernova; 11-14-2002 at 02:49 PM.

does any one have a pic on how they secured the radiator in so it doesn't move?

These are the best pictures that I got . Good luck

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

piece of galvanized heating duct with a shot of clear coat

:bling: :bling:

[
    this is a test of the sig

My rad is cut into the grill support so my rad is flush into the rad support. With a small cut out for the rad cap

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    mike (blazin low), can you get me a pic of how your fans are mounted, i am curious to see and also how much is your motor set back or your rad set forward......thanks