Thread: bag fitting ?

bag fitting ?

hey , im waiting on the parts to get the front of my truck bagged but i had a question for you guys. are you using straight or 90 degree fittings on the bags. i have seen some guys use the straight and drill a hole in the top of the frame and come right out in the middle of the upper control arm. i wanted to use a 90 deg fitting and run the line through the hole in the upper bag cup and fish the line inside the frame rail and out to the valve. n e one done this before?

i've done both. the 90degree deal makes for a nice clean look like ur talking about. but the less bends you have in ur plumbing the easier the air will flow and quicker reaction you will have.
    stupid low. layin door on a 22/24 combo, comin soon to a street near you

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    one 90 will not make that huge of a difference, and the line coming right out the top looks like shit IMO. Also b/c it has to have a fairly large radius bend it puts alot of airline in the engine bay very close to hot things.

Ive got a 90 coming off my bags running down the frame. If your worried about speed use 5/8s line. Ive seen v8 blazers hop with 5/8 line and half inch vavles at only 200 psi with the 90s at the bag

nah im not planning on hopping. Have just seen a lot of ppl running it out of the top of the bag with a straight and through a hole in the frame and i thought it looked like crap. i was gonna keep my lines inside the frame and pop back out where i mount the valves. once i get the rest of my parts i can actually start a project thread :)

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    i believe second gens, atleast on trucks have a plate inside the frame around the trans xmember, so you will have to come out the frame around the body mount *there should be a hole from the factory*

yeah i saw that hole, which was my plan> just may enlarge it a bit and put a grommet in there so it doesnt chafe