Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lowered 4x4

lowered 4x4

Are there a lot of people who drop 4x4's? I would like the 4x4 aspect but the look of a lowered truck. Opinions? Pics? post them if you have one. I had a Trailblazer SS AWD and I loved it. I would like to lower a 2 door 4x4. Some people don't think a 4x4 should be lowered and I understand but we get snow around here and if I have to be out I need to be able to get around. Thanks for your input.

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    I had my Blazer lowered 3 inches and the only problem was my wheels/tire combo was too big. It rubbed a good bit when turning but still rode fine and I didn't notice any binding of the half shafts or anything. I have since put the right size wheels/tires on and its great.

I don't have any shots with the other wheels yet.

my wifes dailt driver is a 99 dropped 3/4 w/stock wheels and tires. she drives it all winter in 4wd w/no problems

Quote Originally Posted by LowKeyblazer View Post
    my wifes dailt driver is a 99 dropped 3/4 w/stock wheels and tires. she drives it all winter in 4wd w/no problems
    What kind of lowering kit did you use? That sound like about the same amout I think I would go. Do you have any good pics of the way it looks? Thanks again.

spinldle drop with blocks *Blazin87*'s Avatar
    Nice

3.5" coilovers/ 3" blocks
    Otter fan club CEO

Originally posted by SpikesBlazin
    dont worry i like them black too. :omg:
    "A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in GOD."
    Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

Quote Originally Posted by jstblz View Post

3.5" coilovers/ 3" blocks
    GOOD LQQKING truck!!!!!!!!!! That's the look I want.

i dont have any good pics. in the front i turned out the torsion bar bolts, on 1 side i notched the crossmember to get it down as far as the other side. in the rear mine already sagged and i added 3" blocks and trimmed the factory snubbers down. stock shocks in the rear and napa monotubes in the front

oh yeah i forgot, i also used short snubbers in the front. bottoms out on occasion on big dips. get the stiffest shock you can on the front. the stock ones are worthless after the drop. and dont forget to realign it after the drop

I was wondering if it would bottom out. I went for a ride in one not too long ago, it was a 98 that I was looking to buy. I hit a few bumps kind of hard and in bottomed out. I dont remember the specs on his drop but I didnt want that to happen.

I don't bottom out. Pancake bump stops up front, low profile energy suspension bump stops in the back. The only time I might is if I have the back cargo heavily loaded.
    Otter fan club CEO

"A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in GOD."

Quote Originally Posted by jstblz View Post
    I don't bottom out. Pancake bump stops up front, low profile energy suspension bump stops in the back. The only time I might is if I have the back cargo heavily loaded.
    I sure do like the way it sits. Is that the stock size tire on those Camaro rims? I was thinking about using a y2k style Vette wheel if I were to do this.

yes 255/45R17
    Otter fan club CEO

My 95 4x4 I use to have. Its lowered three inches front and back with 18s.

My Blazer that I got rid of :(
    Cardomain page for my 95 Blazer

this is my 4x4 lowered with the stockers on it.
    torsion keys in the front and blocks in the back. back has air shocks so its raised up a bit in the pic.

you know how i know im going to heaven? ive already been to hell!! operation iraqi freedom 08-09