Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2wd Spindel Fit A 4wd

Hybrid View

2wd Spindel Fit A 4wd

If I take my cv joints out can I put in a 2wd spindel? I want to use the lowering spindels in front and the shackles in back. I just want to know if compatiable with the 4wd without the cv joints being an equazion?

P.S.
    I have the torsion key and the blocks already to lowe it. I want a smoother ride so I want to try the spindel, just didn't know if it would work.

Thanks
    Adam

No they wont.
    Jake

Typhoon:boink:
    Originally posted by lowblazin94
    Plus they can't arrest you or get a DUI while you have a boner.

sure they will! with a little thought process some cutting and some welding anything will fit! but i dont recomend doing this!

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buta's94 View Post
    sure they will! with a little thought process some cutting and some welding anything will fit! but i dont recomend doing this!
    why is that, hahahaha
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

So if this isn't possible with a 2wd spindel does anyone make a lowering 4wd spindel?

IlluSive XpecTaionS l1ld3v1lrydr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abachtold View Post
    So if this isn't possible with a 2wd spindel does anyone make a lowering 4wd spindel?

4wds dont use spindles, they use torsion bars. and yes belltech makes torsion keys that adjust the front end between like 2-4 inches.

use the "search" button on here and just type in something along the lines of belltech lowering keys.
    :tongue: w1shf00l th1nk1n' :boink:

4 door love... or... love-in the 4 door... :bigthumb:

Quote Originally Posted by l1ld3v1lrydr View Post
    4wds dont use spindles, they use torsion bars. and yes belltech makes torsion keys that adjust the front end between like 2-4 inches.

use the "search" button on here and just type in something along the lines of belltech lowering keys.
    if your going to try and correct some one at least know what you are talking about.

the torsion bar is a srping, it serves the same purpose as a coil spring.

now the knuckle is similar to the spindle

so you should have said they dont use spindles, they use knuckles.

also you can get a 2wd knuckle to replace a 4wd knuckle. the late modle year zr2 blazers. came with the lifted supension but had the option of 4x4 or 2wd.

btw they dont make shackles to lower a s series.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

I already knew that, I have the belltech keys in right now, with the blocks in back. As stated in my original post. I am trying to find a way to keep factory ride but keep the lowered look. Spindles would help this situation, that's why I want to know about them.

nope you can't put a 2wd spindle on a 4wd frame without serious modification as in cutting the front clip off each truck and welding the 2wd front clip on to yours
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

Banned
    Im gonna say this once, raising or lowing the front by torsion bars effecting the ride is bullshit.

If it doesnt ride like it did stock, then your are hitting your bumpstops or your shocks arent in the designated range anymore or are just plain shot.

Mine is lowered 5 inches in front and rides just the same as before, its actually a little better than some mildly dropped 2wd ones ive rode in if you want to compare.. ITS NOT stiff and bouncy!

Search my post about lowering the front end more than the 2-3 inches those keys give you.

One more thing, these things dont ride good compaired to cars now a days so your going to have to bear with it not riding like a caddy.

Btw, what series tire you running, looks pretty small to me from looking at your avitar picture, thats going to effect quite a bit right there.

Edit- actually it will effect ride a little bit, your control arm bushings are tight and set to a position, so when your raising or lowering the ride height your bushings will be counteracting the opposite direction you moved your suspension. Being that they are loose enough you can force the control arm with our hand still, wiether its noticable when driving, i dont know.
    Last edited by Superbee; 07-15-2009 at 07:05 PM.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    Edit- actually it will effect ride a little bit, your control arm bushings are tight and set to a position, so when your raising or lowering the ride height your bushings will be counteracting the opposite direction you moved your suspension. Being that they are loose enough you can force the control arm with our hand still, wiether its noticable when driving, i dont know.
    if im not mistaken there is a process you make take with rubber bushings.

when replacing them you are not suposed to tighten the bolts untill the vehicle is at ride height with full weight on the suspension.

the same should be done when lowering a vehicle.

Banned
    Yes you are correct, altho i doubt anyone (including me) does.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    got a link
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

Banned
    X2 :weak: