Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2wd Spindel Fit A 4wd

damn low dragging 4x4
    ya i just unbagged my 2wd project blazer. It just needs more work than i'd care to put into it. I currently have my 4wd dropped 6-7" and would like to raise it back up a bit torsion bar wise and put the 2wd drop spindles i have in so i can get an extra few inches of shock travel and less stress on my ball joints from the camber
    president: Lower Level Customs car and truck club
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/locoblazer269
    90 BLAZER 4.3 4x4 dropped 7" fully shaved with full size chevy tails, 98 Honda accord ground effect, 2 inch cowl hood, truxarossa grill and mirrors, metal flake and yellow flamed paint job, molded wing, too much to list( back under construction! new front end to come... out with the fiberglass back with the metal!)
    87 blazer: 2wd under construction

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    just because it fits doesn't make it right...
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    you can make it right, as long as you make sure all your geometery is correct.
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

Quote Originally Posted by 98low4x4blazer View Post
    you can make it right, as long as you make sure all your geometery is correct.
    yeah but not jumbling factory parts together and thinking they are correct that geometry is more then likely all fucked....
    Grounded 4 Life

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

damn low dragging 4x4
    Hey Bareback any luck finding the pics of the mods to the lower arm?
    90 BLAZER 4.3 4x4 dropped 7" fully shaved with full size chevy tails, 98 Honda accord ground effect, 2 inch cowl hood, truxarossa grill and mirrors, metal flake and yellow flamed paint job, molded wing, too much to list( back under construction! new front end to come... out with the fiberglass back with the metal!)

damn low dragging 4x4
    bump, any luck with pics?

damn low dragging 4x4
    Bump again. Getting some tubular lower control arms made soon and a pic or any more info would help getting the new arms setupfor the 2wd spindle

I cant get the fuckers to upload so pm me your email and i will send the ones i have

damn low dragging 4x4
    pm sent. Thanks!

damn low dragging 4x4
    heres bare backs pics for anyone else who wanted to see them. I see no real problems

that was mock up i cleand it after that

damn low dragging 4x4
    For anyone interested I hope to get pics this week of the 4wd nuckle compared to a 2wd spindle.

Thanks again bareback for the pics and info.
    What did you use to mod the stock arms for those interested?

i see alot of problems with that...
    Grounded 4 Life

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

damn low dragging 4x4
    What do you see phatfarmer that u would consider a problem? I only see maybe a little upper ball joint bind

its been like this for a year and drives fine(with a pro alighn job) i wouldnt rally it or jump it also it was way lower in the pic of the front suspention together witch did almost bind the uppers but didnt i rasied it two inches then took the pic of the front! the crossmember was like 1/4 inch off the ground ............. i used a holesaw to cut the lower and a stock 4x4 balljoint bolted in reversed then shortend the tie rods 1 1/2 inch.....edit i sold it and the guy does way more custom work than i and hes gonna shorten the lower arms add the tip of a 2wd lower a arm and build custom top ones to fix the geometry issue that isnt much of a issue but then again no one ever did it so i gave it a shot and he is refineing it
    Last edited by Barebackjimmy; 11-01-2009 at 04:09 PM.