Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2wd Spindel Fit A 4wd

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    ball joint is binding like a mofo, and the tie rod is at a pretty extreme angle.. and so on..... track width must be crazy, how much do the wheels stick out?
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

damn low dragging 4x4
    Sorry to whore the thread

I plan on using my custom tubular uppers. They have a repositioned and angled ball joint mounting area to prevent binding.

I will be having lowers made soon. If i can figure out what needs to be done to alter the lower to make the 2wd spindle fit then I will accomplish my goal. Im trying to get the 2wd spindle to fit to lay out on 20's this winter when i bag my truck. I know first hand it will lay on 18's as is but its going to take something more to get it down on 20's.

Why go through the hassle on a 4wd? Because its what i started with. a 2wd frame swap is way out of the question since the vehicle is so far built and im not keen on the whole 2wd frame front end being welded in.

Also why is it the 2wd has the lower ball joint going up and the 4wd goes down? Does anyone think that the 2wd spindle being bolted in with the 4wd ball joint in its original position would help the ball joint angle?

here is the planned set up
    my one off control arms and one off brackets. Lower brackets will not be used now since originally i planned on stock lower arms

president: Lower Level Customs car and truck club
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/locoblazer269
    90 BLAZER 4.3 4x4 dropped 7" fully shaved with full size chevy tails, 98 Honda accord ground effect, 2 inch cowl hood, truxarossa grill and mirrors, metal flake and yellow flamed paint job, molded wing, too much to list( back under construction! new front end to come... out with the fiberglass back with the metal!)
    87 blazer: 2wd under construction

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    is your ball joint palate but welded to the tube?
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

damn low dragging 4x4
    Sort of. Its also goes down into the tube for strength
    90 BLAZER 4.3 4x4 dropped 7" fully shaved with full size chevy tails, 98 Honda accord ground effect, 2 inch cowl hood, truxarossa grill and mirrors, metal flake and yellow flamed paint job, molded wing, too much to list( back under construction! new front end to come... out with the fiberglass back with the metal!)

here mine layed out used to be AWD but got tired of having to run 200 PSI ine bags 18 in the front 20s in the rear
    1991 GMC Syclone bagged laying frame on 18's and 20's
    Balistik Customs
    Our show http://www.myspace.com/campndrag

damn low dragging 4x4
    I love your sy! Ya I plan the same setup you are currently running. The old pork chop setup you had looked sweet but back when it came out I assumed it would have had the problem you did, basically 2 sets of springs between the bags and torsion bars. I don't care about removing my 4wd, but did you ever consider shock waves to keep your awd?

Thought about it .measured it,wouldnt work
    1991 GMC Syclone bagged laying frame on 18's and 20's
    Balistik Customs
    Our show http://www.myspace.com/campndrag

no awd booo.....
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    When I 1st dropped my old blazer 7 up front with drive axle still in I used upper a arms off a 2500 HD to push out the negative camber. I could have just as easily swaped everything to 2wd stuff if I wanted. But all the ball joints and tie rod ends will need modified. None of this is simple bolt on stuff. You will need to grind and weld for camber and allignment reasons.
    "All I need iz 1 mic"

Banned
    welcome back.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Nice thread sometimes its good when people get heated to solve problems....lol super bee love the truck....I have a 91 gmc 4x4 4.3 I've done the t bar trick and 3 ' blocks ......I recently bought 97 camaro Rims with 275/40/17 on them .....up front the suspension sucks !!!!!! I have it lower probably 5 inches looks great too..I'm afraid to tires are to small should I get 275/60/17 and or shocks to help? Any info is appreciate it ...

Banned
    Thanks..

What do you mean the front sucks? As in, rides harsh? Is your front bumpstops and bumpstop mounts gone? They will hit only after 3 inches or so..

As for tires, im running 275 40 17 in rear, they are pretty wide, no way would i fit those up front.... run something alot narrower.

Shocks, yes, get different shocks, yours are bottomed out more than likely. Could also be why your ride sucks?

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Harsh ride yes

Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    Thanks..

What do you mean the front sucks? As in, rides harsh? Is your front bumpstops and bumpstop mounts gone? They will hit only after 3 inches or so..

As for tires, im running 275 40 17 in rear, they are pretty wide, no way would i fit those up front.... run something alot narrower.

Shocks, yes, get different shocks, yours are bottomed out more than likely. Could also be why your ride sucks?
    Phone isn't uploading pics yet sorry will later ....yes thier 275/40/17 all the way around what do u suggest in the front ? And shock any recommendation would be appreciated. Bump stops are cut in the front . Thanks for the info sir .

Do you have any suspension travel left?
    Riding on cut down bumpstops is equivalent to not having a suspension system at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wagonmaster View Post
    Do you have any suspension travel left?
    Riding on cut down bumpstops is equivalent to not having a suspension system at all.
    About an inch away from hitting the bumpstops ....should i get the pancake bumpstops prob give me another couple inches of suspension travel ?