Thread: coil over wondering

coil over wondering

so starting to think about the winter projects again lol.... thinkin about doing the coilover swap and getting rid of the torsion bar setup. was just wondering if anyone on here has done coilovers on a firstgen blazer, if so what company ya used and if its possible to get a 5" drop with them. tried the search and kinda got what i was looking for :P

anyone? mabey i should have posted this in suspension section lol.

RPM has nice coilovers...they'll run you about $500 for the coilovers, they also have tubular arms. I don't have them but have heard great things. I am not sure about how low you can go, but I do know you'll save some weight getting rid of the bars and crossmember.
    8================D

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    There are a couple of companies that make them, RPM & JS Manufactoring are the first two that come to mind. I dont think you have to go to a tubular upper arm but you may need to trim the stock arms some. I did a write up on these few years back but I am not sure if you will be able to find it or not.
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

Quote Originally Posted by 98low4x4blazer View Post
    There are a couple of companies that make them, RPM & JS Manufactoring are the first two that come to mind. I dont think you have to go to a tubular upper arm but you may need to trim the stock arms some. I did a write up on these few years back but I am not sure if you will be able to find it or not.
    thanks, any idea if there is a limit with them as to how low you can go?

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    i think the typical drop is around 3-5" depending on the spring
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

Quote Originally Posted by 98low4x4blazer View Post
    i think the typical drop is around 3-5" depending on the spring
    k thanks, thats the main thing i wanted to know that i could get a 5" drop, would hate to get them and only get 3 lol. thx for ans my questions.

opps, one more q lol, whats the reason for changing the upper control arms? for the angle? cause i got a 5" drop right now on stock arms and its fine.

2NDGENSY
    If You Are Still Looking Around For Coilovers You Should Check Out Qa-1. They Had A Display At An Event I Was At And I Talk To A Rep There. They Dont Have Anything For 4x4 Blazers That Is Application Specific For Them But I Figured Out That You Could Piece Together All Four Corners For Less Than $2000. You Will Have To Do Some Fab Work Like Getting A Shock Tower Fabed For The Front And (this Is What Im Doing) A Triangulated 4 Link With A Panhard Bar Setup In The Rear. If Your Doing It To A Regular 4 Door I Recomend Getting Zr2 Front Suspension Uppers And Lowers. You Get About 2" More Track Width.