Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 56

Thread: Installing My New Ecc Roll Pan

  1. #16
    Registered User suncad03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    mooresville, NC
    Posts
    259
    i like mine not molded because i like the body lines. i am not one for full shaved rears "on a truck lol" but i know i have hit mine many times with airing out the rear to far and it would of cracked.

  2. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1
    hey man, i just got the same roll pan as yours and have a question. did yours come with any kind of install instructions? all i got was the roll pan, 2 side pieces and 2 brackets. havent been able to look yet to try to figure out how it installs. or if you have any tips let me know. thanks

  3. #18
    Think with your dipstick DoUgH_BoI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bay Minette, Al
    Posts
    21
    not sure if any of you guys know this or not but there is company (www.itsraw.com) that offers one peice rollpans for the 2nd gen blazer and extreme blazer. i have one on my blazer and they fit pretty good. just a option for the guys that want a molded pan to sides. these are already done lol.

  4. #19
    Registered User bman194's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    flint
    Posts
    71
    ya theirs is about $400, vs the ecc roll pan for about $200

  5. #20
    Registered User Ellisx3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Columbus,OH
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by blazerman79 View Post
    hey man, i just got the same roll pan as yours and have a question. did yours come with any kind of install instructions? all i got was the roll pan, 2 side pieces and 2 brackets. havent been able to look yet to try to figure out how it installs. or if you have any tips let me know. thanks
    yeah it did but i only got one bracket with mine, dude its actually pretty easy i mean you just bolt the 2 sides on then you just have to cut the frame 3 inches but puttin the roll pan on takes some work lol you should have someone there to help you =]

  6. #21
    Registered User bman194's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    flint
    Posts
    71
    mine didnt come with any brackets... wtf, do you need them? ive got everything off and seems as if everything will work

  7. #22
    Registered User suncad03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    mooresville, NC
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by bman194 View Post
    mine didnt come with any brackets... wtf, do you need them? ive got everything off and seems as if everything will work
    they dont come with any
    you dont have top put any on but it will help keep them from moving

    like i sad above take the l shape brackets in the wheel well and move it upo one home and then drill a hole in the ecc side pices then install the bolt back in. it just keeps them from flexing

  8. #23
    Registered User bman194's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    flint
    Posts
    71
    what exactly do you use to mount the roll pan? not the side pieces

  9. #24
    HOPPIN Connoissuer! Black n Chrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    179
    You use the floor pan between the tailgate and the truck. Once the bumpers off you will see the sheet metal. I used a long phillips bit and proped the tailgate between the open and closed to get the best angle. I used some simple self tapping about 6 and it was done. If you rivet the side to the pan, should be very sturdy.
    Silly MINI, Hydro's are for LOLO's
    FREAkss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #25
    Registered User bman194's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    flint
    Posts
    71
    hmm, i think i know what your talking about, ive heard its alot easier to take the tailgate off, you can get in there with it on? enough to put screws in?

  11. #26
    Registered User Ellisx3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Columbus,OH
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by bman194 View Post
    hmm, i think i know what your talking about, ive heard its alot easier to take the tailgate off, you can get in there with it on? enough to put screws in?
    lol dont take the tailgate off man just means more work lol but like he said just prop it open at the right angle and it will mount on =]

  12. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    manitoba
    Posts
    7
    I dont want to start a new thread so i used search haha...Anyways i just bought 3 pc shaver kit for the back and im told its bolt on no mods or anything have to be done to make it fit...Is this true>?
    i got a 2001 chevy blazer 2 dr 4x4....
    part ECC:RP982
    95-05 S10 Blazer Stepshavers- 3pc direct bolt on kit.
    Last edited by blazed16; 03-10-2010 at 10:20 PM.

  13. #28
    Registered User Ellisx3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Columbus,OH
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by blazed16 View Post
    I dont want to start a new thread so i used search haha...Anyways i just bought 3 pc shaver kit for the back and im told its bolt on no mods or anything have to be done to make it fit...Is this true>?
    i got a 2001 chevy blazer 2 dr 4x4....
    part ECC:RP982
    95-05 S10 Blazer Stepshavers- 3pc direct bolt on kit.
    lol its cool, but the only thing you have to do is cut the frame about 3 inches. you can see in my pics if im not mistaken. the frame stick out when you take the bumper off.
    illusionarycaraudio.com
    Team Livewire
    MrBigStuff.net
    -Columbus Ohio-

  14. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    manitoba
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellisx3 View Post
    lol its cool, but the only thing you have to do is cut the frame about 3 inches. you can see in my pics if im not mistaken. the frame stick out when you take the bumper off.
    Yea looking at your pics and info is alot of help thats why i was asking because the shop out here is telling me nothing should be cut lol and im telling them the frame sticks out and there telling me thats ok LOL

  15. #30
    Registered User suncad03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    mooresville, NC
    Posts
    259
    it will not fit at all without cutting the frame...find a new shop ha ha

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •