Thread: hub and bearing replacement

hub and bearing replacement

i"m bagging my 03 blazer extreme and I'm replacing the wheel bearings because they went bad on me and that"s what pretty much started the whole bagging process. anyway my question is...that o-ring that comes with the bearing seem to push out when i torque the bearing assembly to the spindle. i have tried multiple patterns and greased up the o-ringt and i cant seem to stop it from pushing out on me. should i just run a bead of RTV around it instead? thanks for your help

Banned
    If you want to you can, dont get too worried about that o-ring, just throw the sum b**** away if you want.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

when i first put the spindles on i didint use the o ring and some how water got behind and inside the spindle bore and that's what caused it to fail. i think illl ditch the stupid o ring and just rtv it, truck is not going to see as much driving as it used to> i plan on picking up a beater in a few mos when my insurance goes down

Are your talking about the sealed 98+ ones? i cant even remeber the seal lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

yeah. the new ones come with an o ring around the base of the bearing where it goes into the spindle bore

Banned
    I've noticed some brands include a seal and some dont

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

more i think about i had them just never gave me shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

ehh screw it i'll just run a nice rtv bead around and torque it nicely. these o rings remind me of the end seals that come with chevy intake manifold gaskets. they never sit right so everyone chucks them and rtv's it n e way