Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modded Injector Spider for 96+ 4.3L

Modded Injector Spider for 96+ 4.3L

I figued some of you all would like to hear this. This company http://www.xmsengineering.com/, is modding the stock poppet style injector assemblies for the 96+. The only info I have is they charge 395.00 + shipping to upgrade to 36lb injectors. There is a core charge of $100. I don't know if that is on top of the 395 or included. So far I know of one person with this done to his truck. I hear this company dyno tuned it for him and it's working fine. I started a thread trying to get info over at the planet http://www.s10planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20775 But there still isn't a whole lot of info in it yet. I think it's an awesome idea. I hope it works out.
    1998 2dr Jimmy: 1998 GMC Jimmy, 4.3L V-6, 4L60E, Wynjammer S/C @6psi, Accel 300+ ign box, Taylor 8mm wires,EGR delete, CFM-Tech tb blade, Trans-Go shift kit w/vette servo, cat delete, Hooker Maxflow muffler, Zexel Torsen w/3.42s, Marine intake, 42lb/hr injectors, 255 Walbro, HPT standard, AEM UEGO W/B A/F meter.

SOON 2 COME:Water/Meth, JBA headers & more exhaust upgrades, cal-tracs, LS1 e-fans and some stickier rear tires.

Quote Originally Posted by 12sws27 View Post
    I figued some of you all would like to hear this. This company http://www.xmsengineering.com/, is modding the stock poppet style injector assemblies for the 96+. The only info I have is they charge 395.00 + shipping to upgrade to 36lb injectors. There is a core charge of $100. I don't know if that is on top of the 395 or included. So far I know of one person with this done to his truck. I hear this company dyno tuned it for him and it's working fine. I started a thread trying to get info over at the planet http://www.s10planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20775 But there still isn't a whole lot of info in it yet. I think it's an awesome idea. I hope it works out.
    people are better off putting the 400 towards a marine intake and not having to deal with shitty poppets anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 6SpeedBlazer View Post
    people are better off putting the 400 towards a marine intake and not having to deal with shitty poppets anymore.
    Maybe. Maybe some rather not have a cast iron intake. Or have to mod up and EGR system or are not able to do away with EGr because of the state they live in.

In ways this would be better then a MI. Still having poppets is a negative yes. But thats all I can think of. Think about it's advantage before you quickly discredit it. Someone out there is willing to do something for our trucks which many aren't. I say give them a chance.
    1998 2dr Jimmy: 1998 GMC Jimmy, 4.3L V-6, 4L60E, Wynjammer S/C @6psi, Accel 300+ ign box, Taylor 8mm wires,EGR delete, CFM-Tech tb blade, Trans-Go shift kit w/vette servo, cat delete, Hooker Maxflow muffler, Zexel Torsen w/3.42s, Marine intake, 42lb/hr injectors, 255 Walbro, HPT standard, AEM UEGO W/B A/F meter.

SOON 2 COME:Water/Meth, JBA headers & more exhaust upgrades, cal-tracs, LS1 e-fans and some stickier rear tires.

yea tippman there isnt any aftermarket products for an sseries..... . . . . . . . . . ha
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by low86blazer View Post
    yea tippman there isnt any aftermarket products for an sseries..... . . . . . . . . . ha
    Oh yeah you're probably right, there's an abundance of fuel solutions for us aren't there.....

BTW, my shitty poppets on my 98 have 120k miles on them.
    Last edited by 12sws27; 08-20-2009 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 12sws27 View Post
    Oh yeah you're probably right, there's an abundance of fuel solutions for us aren't there.....
    i dont know im an lsx fan anymore.

Why the interest in a a v6 mod then?

Anyways. All the BS aside. This very well might be a legitimate option for some 96+ 4.3 guys out there looking for more fuel. I posted it hear in case some would be interested in it. I am trying to get the word out there. There are pros and cons to this as there are to the 2114 conversion, the Marine intake, and extra injector and an FMU. This might be the best route for some. Hell it might not even be a POS and fail. But someone has do it. It's on a truck and has been dynoed and tuned. The guy that has this done is named JR. He is one of the guys with a pic of his truck on the Wynjammer site. He is a member on s10planet and he screen name is whiteracer2003. He isn't a big poster. I would like to get the guy to post up somewhere.

I've started 3 other threads trying to get this out there. Here's the links if anyone is interested.

http://www.s10planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20775

http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=85740

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f107/m...6/#post6460749
    Last edited by 12sws27; 08-23-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Not much of interest more of an asshole. Shoulda worded your sentence more towards aftermarket fuel system instead of a broad range of aftermarket products for our trucks, then my trap woulda stayed shut. lol

Not much of interest more of an asshole. Shoulda worded your sentence more towards aftermarket fuel system instead of a broad range of aftermarket products for our trucks, then my trap woulda stayed shut. lol
    I like to think people are smart enough to think since this thread is about a product related to fuel that thats what i was talking about.

you dont get out much then, you know how many stupid we have using the internet?

Yeah its full of them. Just about as many smart ass post whores too. :p:

whistle whistle whistle....whooo me?

whistle whistle whistle....whooo me?
    I can be accused of it on other forums.;)