Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Modded Injector Spider for 96+ 4.3L

Registered User nathan.carter95's Avatar
    gm performance parts has a multiport conversion kit on thier website for the 4.3 for 229.00. i didnt even know this existed
    http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...ber=pk12568332

Quote Originally Posted by nathan.carter95 View Post
    gm performance parts has a multiport conversion kit on thier website for the 4.3 for 229.00. i didnt even know this existed
    http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...ber=pk12568332
    That is an upgrade from the poppet type but only because it eliminates the problems associated with poppets. It has no performance gains. Still flows the same amount of fuel as the poppet type.
    1998 2dr Jimmy: 1998 GMC Jimmy, 4.3L V-6, 4L60E, Wynjammer S/C @6psi, Accel 300+ ign box, Taylor 8mm wires,EGR delete, CFM-Tech tb blade, Trans-Go shift kit w/vette servo, cat delete, Hooker Maxflow muffler, Zexel Torsen w/3.42s, Marine intake, 42lb/hr injectors, 255 Walbro, HPT standard, AEM UEGO W/B A/F meter.

SOON 2 COME:Water/Meth, JBA headers & more exhaust upgrades, cal-tracs, LS1 e-fans and some stickier rear tires.

Banned
    damn did nobody eat their wheaties?

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Quote Originally Posted by 12sws27 View Post
    That is an upgrade from the poppet type but only because it eliminates the problems associated with poppets. It has no performance gains. Still flows the same amount of fuel as the poppet type.
    i do believe that i proved on SSF that the retrofit injector assembly has an adjustable FPR. this means that the fuel pressure can be bumped up and the injectors will act larger.

Quote Originally Posted by 6SpeedBlazer View Post
    i do believe that i proved on SSF that the retrofit injector assembly has an adjustable FPR. this means that the fuel pressure can be bumped up and the injectors will act larger.
    You pointed out a screw on the fpr. The popet style assembly's fpr as that same screw. How do you adjust it?
    1998 2dr Jimmy: 1998 GMC Jimmy, 4.3L V-6, 4L60E, Wynjammer S/C @6psi, Accel 300+ ign box, Taylor 8mm wires,EGR delete, CFM-Tech tb blade, Trans-Go shift kit w/vette servo, cat delete, Hooker Maxflow muffler, Zexel Torsen w/3.42s, Marine intake, 42lb/hr injectors, 255 Walbro, HPT standard, AEM UEGO W/B A/F meter.

SOON 2 COME:Water/Meth, JBA headers & more exhaust upgrades, cal-tracs, LS1 e-fans and some stickier rear tires.

Quote Originally Posted by 6SpeedBlazer View Post
    I heard you say that. Up to 28lbs according to you. I'm not gonna say the FPR can't be modded to be adjusted for more presure. Because IDK. Have you done this one one of these? Have you ever heard of someone else doing it? If so, got a link? Either way 28lbs isn't going to be enough for some. Some will need more. So they have a few options, FMU, 2114 mpi conversion, extra injector(s), Marine Intake and now someone is either making the stock system flow more. Exactly how IDK yet. For what I've heard from Al Martin their making the fuel feed lines bigger and everything. Everything is just "sh!t I've heard".

You know what....I think you should maybe do a "how to" on getting more fuel out of the stock injectors buy increasing the fuel pressure (with out an fmu.) I bet there's a bunch of folks that would love to hear about this. A guy could save hundreds of dollars!

POST WHOREZ! someone call for me in here? false alarm again? damnit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

Banned
    lowblazer is feelin the miller lite.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Quote Originally Posted by 12sws27 View Post
    You pointed out a screw on the fpr. The popet style assembly's fpr as that same screw. How do you adjust it?
    i just put the retrofit assembly in my truck

the stock poppets do not have an adjustable fpr, meaning there is no screw in the FPR

the multi tec II injectors have a screw in the FPR, just like any other adjustable reg you turn the screw in to put more tension on the spring to jack the pressure up.

oh and if you want this to get some real feedback you should post it on fullsizechevy.com or www.pacificp.com/forum

those two sites have the most knowledgeable people i have ever seen when it comes to the vortec based trucks.

Finally! We got the guy Jan from XM to answer any questions we might have over in this thread. http://www.protourings10.com/smf/index.php?topic=38.0 So come on over and ask away!

Well this thread sucks! Fuk all this B.S. Marine Intake is the way I'll go. Shouldn't take that long to get a little info.

Banned
    Lmao /\

the fits hit the shan.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post