Thread: anyway to tell 350 vs 305 ? (already in blaze)

anyway to tell 350 vs 305 ? (already in blaze)

A guy is selling a 83 blaze with a 350 . I was wondering if there was anyway to tell with a quick glance if it is a 350 or 305 . I have not had time to see it but i plan to check it out/Buy it Saturday. Its a 2wd 83 with cal mirrors 92-94 gmc grill roll pan wingless hingess decent body already so i guess it doesnt matter ill prolly still pick it up. Just wondered if there was a way to tell. I Guess i was just wondering if it was 305 i would just have to sell to get a 350 anyways so that would make this buy less appealing too. Sorry kinda buzzed atm so im rambling so ill stop. This is a michigan truck too for you southern peeps like wtf 2wd is common

www.mortec.com

Has SBC casting numbers and their locations.

...... And you don't "have to" change anything until you prove what ever it currently is doesn't meet your needs.

You wont be able to tell at a glance because SBCs are pretty much the same physical size but just different bore and stroke. Like bigjsp said, check for the block #. Even then, you still could have a block that's either a 302, 327, or 350 depending on what crankshaft is in there.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjsp View Post

...... And you don't "have to" change anything until you prove what ever it currently is doesn't meet your needs.
    x2. Test drive it and if it doesn't satisfy you, don't buy it

Quote Originally Posted by s10blaza View Post
    x2. Test drive it and if it doesn't satisfy you, don't buy it
    x3.
    1988 S10 SFX 2.5L 5speed: Daily:boink:
    1991 GMC S15SOLD
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinmt View Post
    Nah, tweed is timeless (kinda like how farts will always be funny). I love a nicely done tweed interior.

Well i still havent looked at th truk but im sure ill buy it. my plan was to 2828 the 350 so either way i can get a new motor. a 250 carbed stock isnt my goal for this truck anyways. 400 dollars for it isnt bad anyways i was just wondering if there was a quick way to spot the motors with out checking #'s. I know some rear ends have visual differences and that is all I was asking for. Thank you all for your responses though. I hope to be able to buy this within the next week still then show pics of b4 and plans ut who knows. The current 700r4 tranny seems to be dead and its like 50 miles from me. Im trying to figure a way to drive/tow it home so i can work on it so thats my main issue for the moment. Maybe i can convince my gf to use her AAA Tow card but idk if they care what veh is getting towed. Thats what her main concern is. I personally think its a decent truck for an 84 body . This guy is obviously not the owner that did the work cause it has a 92-94 g4rill and looks to be a bolt on rollpan and h doesnt know anything about it. im sure he didnt put the motor in it either . Thats the only reason i was asking. Im sure the seller isnt a liar he just was told its a 350 but maybe its not.

Look at what all i typed and im so drunk :evil: Ok enough rambles from me pce

At $400 it doesn't have to be a lot, but it sounds like it will take a few bucks to get it straightened out.

Be sure you flush the tranny cooler lines so you don't trash the next tranny.

Probably worth examining a new converter in the stall range you desire.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjsp View Post
    At $400 it doesn't have to be a lot, but it sounds like it will take a few bucks to get it straightened out.

Be sure you flush the tranny cooler lines so you don't trash the next tranny.

Probably worth examining a new converter in the stall range you desire.
    thanks alot i work thop that mainly changes auro fluids aand tranny flush is commi=on. every car i buy gets cleaned out so yeah ill do thid truck thesame

So did you ever buy it?
    Genius by birth, Slacker by choice.