Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning about brake cleaner, I never knew this

Warning about brake cleaner, I never knew this

04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Banned
    What a puss. I use that stuff all the time at work to clean fluids off trans. and engines, just the other day i was spraying a hot tranny where it puked out the vent hose, shooting it on there and hot exhaust and all.

Its a very potent smell so i dont breath it anyways but it still burns my eyes. Never messed with me tho.

Ill take that note into concideration even tho i try to hold my breath when spraying that stuff on hot surfaces anyways.
    Btw we use brakleen and orielly brand brake cleaner, i may look at the bottle at work for the heck of it, but im usually too busy for that.

I have noticed im growing a 3rd eyeball on the side of my neck, maybe this has something to do with it?
    Last edited by Superbee; 09-28-2009 at 12:20 PM.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

whaat? some of our techs use that shit to clean there hands off..haha

i guess someone hasnt read their shops msds book.

fuck it with all the shit i breath in im gonna be a fucked up cookie anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

break cleaner when burned or vaporized actually produces mustard gas. i use it every day for everything, it works great and leaves no residue behind. sure if you get it in you eyes it burns a little...or alot in some cases lol and when spraying it on hot exhaust just hold your breath. i think some people just like to overreact on some things lol.

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    its only a severe problem when exposed to extreme heat, basically were metal is molten...
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    so dont spray it on your welds, everything causes cancer and everything kills you. Your going to die one day, it might as well be with clean auto parts

are shop teacher in welding class told us about this. 90% of barke clean is now safe. look for the cans that say Non-Chlorinated Brake Clean. the uv light given off when welded will cause Chlorinated brake clean to give off a gas that can be bad "like if you were in a tanker or something" if you smell flowers then air out the room and take a brake. but like i sad most cans are now Non-Chlorinated

Quote Originally Posted by suncad03 View Post
    are shop teacher in welding class told us about this. 90% of barke clean is now safe. look for the cans that say Non-Chlorinated Brake Clean. the uv light given off when welded will cause Chlorinated brake clean to give off a gas that can be bad "like if you were in a tanker or something" if you smell flowers then air out the room and take a brake. but like i sad most cans are now Non-Chlorinated

x2. I actually read that article about a month ago at work and the MSDS book was literally within my reach and I looked up the brakecleen and didn't see anything about that. You have to REALLY try to look for chlorinated brake cleaner.

Banned
    i looked at the can and it said it had the things he listed on that page.

Speaking of that chit in the eyes, thats one of the most painfull things ever. Ive had it splash in my eye from boucing off what im spraying, that burns but its not horrible. The thing that got me one day was i sprayed something down to clean the underside of an engine up, wiped it all down, had the vehical in the air and was looking under it with my pen light and a drop from out of no where landed straight in my eye like when you put eye drops in your eye. my eyes instantly shut and i coulnt open them, i had to practically feel my way to the sink. mf that hurt.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

I use brake cleaner when doing laundry spray it on your oil and grease spots and throw your clothes in the wash it does miracles.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

Wow that sounds fun.
    Otter fan club CEO

Originally posted by SpikesBlazin
    dont worry i like them black too. :omg:
    "A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in GOD."
    Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy mays
    YOU DONT NEEED A DAMN CABINET FULL OF CLEANERS. ONE SHOT OF BRAKE CLEAN IN YOUR LOAD OF LAUNDRY, AND WATCH THE STAINS DISSAPEAR BEFORE YOUR EYES.

I have read many posts from this nice forum and all of them are interesting to read out, we hope that you will keep up the good work.
    70-271 certification and 70-685 preparation for 1Y0-259 certification and 1Y0-A05

Banned
    Go huff more toxic brake kleen fume ali.

not a 93 anymore 93 TireShredder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alo View Post
    I have read many posts from this nice forum and all of them are interesting to read out, we hope that you will keep up the good work.
    that was just a little bit random...