Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 89 blazer is getting more power

Wow, that thing is tits now! Total turd to a complete hero man!
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Looks great. Makes me want an E85 motor. Mines 10.39:1 CR. I wonder if I could run E85 with a turbo at that compression ratio?

I hear fram filters have cost people engines cause the filter would blow internally. Just a heads up. I use fram on my daily driver, but I hear they're a problem with Gen I SBCs.

2.8 liters of pure power! jasond's Avatar
    Fram filters are junk imo. The end caps are cardboard, which can allow dirty oil past the filter media. There is hardly any media, compared to say a wix or ac delco filter. The engine looks great in there. Was that one pic of it sitting in the kitchen?

its alive! and very strong i cant wait to spray it once the motor is broken in i have the exh left to make. from the long tubes back. but it might get done sat so hopefully ill get some drive time in it real soon.
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...day9lbscut.jpg
    turbo setup in s10 now. still tunning on 9lbs 9.19 at 147.

Update project 89 blazer i got to drive it

made the exh today and drove it for the first time. all i can say is at 1/4 throttle it pulls harder than my 355 nos motor did in the s10 lb and it ran 11.50s at 117. i think this will be evan faster. its almost scary fast in the little blazer. cant wait for the tune and e85 conversion.
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...day9lbscut.jpg
    turbo setup in s10 now. still tunning on 9lbs 9.19 at 147.