Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: static drop question

static drop question

So I have a 1986 s10 blazer. I have 3" drop coils and 2" drop spindles. In the rear I have 3" blocks. I was wondering if you guys that may have the same set up could post some pics. I think that mine still sits a little to high in the front. I would like for it to sit about an inch lower then what it does right now. Oh, and I have a 2.8 with a manual. I was wondering if since the coils are for 4 or 6 cylinder, if there is to much of a weight difference between a 2.8 and 4.3 when ordering the 6 cylinder. Maybe this would lead to not getting a 3" drop out of it?

Can anyone post some pics of their blazer if it has 3" drop coils and 2" drop spindles with a 2.8 v6?

Belltech 2" spindles
    Belltech 2" drop springs
    I have about 1" of travel left in the front end...seriously.

Belltech 3.5 drop leafs in the rear with the bottom leaf removed and the factory overload leaf installed.
    Fabtech 2" tapered block

Bilstein shocks

AIM C-notch that didn't fit at all well and I had to cut apart and reweld to make it right. You have to have the C-notch or you will have NO suspension travel left. As it is I have about 2".

These trucks are an optical illusion because of the frame hanging down below the body....and you can't measure from the ground to the wheelwell because the arch is higher in the front. Measure to the body line to see where you're at. Mine is level, depending on the gas level.

I have a Suicide Doors bolt in c notch that I have yet to put it. I have the stock rear springs, a 3" drop blocks in the rear. I only bottom out on big bumps on the highway it the rear. I am running Belltech Nitro Drop 2 shocks.

What motor and such do you have? Same setup as mine?

Quote Originally Posted by hdridinas2 View Post
    What motor and such do you have? Same setup as mine?
    Yep, 2.8L with the 4 speed manual.

It's just weird that you have a 5" drop in the front and 3" in the rear. Usually the back needs to go down more than the front.

So, can someone else post up some pics that has a 2" spindle 3" coil drop up front. I still think that mine sits to high in the front, and would actually like to lower it about 1" more all around. Wagonmaster said that he has about 1" travel up front, I have more then that. I am gonna get some measurements and post um up.

i would have to guess you got screwed on something if the front is still higher than the rear.

doubt that I screwed up puttin in a coil since I do it all day at work. Thanks for the comment though......

Anyway, the front is 15" from wheel center to the bottom of fender flare. what is everyone else with this drop measuring at?

ok... this is not meant to insult you in any way... are you sure your spindles are 2in drop? springs 3in drop? i only ask because a friend of mine once ordered a set of springs that were 2 inch drop and they werent... another buddy of mine once bought spindles from someone thinking they were drop spindles and they werent, mind you both my friends didnt really know what they were looking at... its only a question .. like i said, not meant to piss anybody off...also since a 2.8's total weight is less than a 4.3, it wont drop as much.... jus my two cents.... most folks measure from the ground to the body line...but as long as you measure at the same two points everytime, its cool.....
    ON D FLOOR- the best way to be!!!:cool:

Quote Originally Posted by ON-D-FLOOR View Post
    ok... this is not meant to insult you in any way... are you sure your spindles are 2in drop? springs 3in drop? i only ask because a friend of mine once ordered a set of springs that were 2 inch drop and they werent... another buddy of mine once bought spindles from someone thinking they were drop spindles and they werent, mind you both my friends didnt really know what they were looking at... its only a question .. like i said, not meant to piss anybody off...also since a 2.8's total weight is less than a 4.3, it wont drop as much.... jus my two cents.... most folks measure from the ground to the body line...but as long as you measure at the same two points everytime, its cool.....

I know that the spindles are 2" drop cause I checked them when I got them, so those are good. Now the coils is what I was wondering about. I noticed that the front did not drop as far as I though it would, so I called where I got them. They said that they are the right springs. I am wondering if they just didnt want to send me some new springs.

Does anyone now what the heighth of a 3" drop coil should be?

I am thinking that the coils are made for the 4.3's only, maybe swap to 4cyl coils? I only want the front about 1" lower.

using a set from a 4-cyl will most probably give you the drop your looking for.. you could hit the local salvage yard for a set from a 4cyl pickup...also you didnt state if when u put the springs in you made sure the spring end sits in the pocket on the lower control arm.... jus checkin..... as far as spring length, i dont think anybody's really measured them...most folks take it for granted that a 3in drop spring is a 3in drop spring..assuming that the difference is 3 inches in height is wrong to a point...the drop springs are made with a different spring rate and height to achieve the drop necesary... some bodys gonna put me on the spot for saying that...but i hope you get my meaning.....
    ON D FLOOR- the best way to be!!!:cool:

i was implying that you got screwed on parts, not that you screwed up.

shit, sorry man, miss read it.....

in belltech, front coils did not come in 4cyl vs 6cyl in the 82-93.

If you put 2nd gen springs in, you get that choice.

And yes, they do make it slightly higher. Just slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by ON-D-FLOOR View Post
    using a set from a 4-cyl will most probably give you the drop your looking for.. you could hit the local salvage yard for a set from a 4cyl pickup...also you didnt state if when u put the springs in you made sure the spring end sits in the pocket on the lower control arm.... jus checkin..... as far as spring length, i dont think anybody's really measured them...most folks take it for granted that a 3in drop spring is a 3in drop spring..assuming that the difference is 3 inches in height is wrong to a point...the drop springs are made with a different spring rate and height to achieve the drop necesary... some bodys gonna put me on the spot for saying that...but i hope you get my meaning.....

I know that the springs may not be 3" different then the stock ones, but was thinking with drop springs compared to the same drop spings should be the same heighth.

Yes the coil is seated right.