Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phantom Grilles Illegal? L.E.Ds ?

Phantom Grilles Illegal? L.E.Ds ?

I live in California, and i was just wondering if Phantom Grilles ( the ones that cover the head lights ) are illegal? I wanted to get a full phantom, but someone told me it was illegal. ANyone know?

And also, what about L.E.D's in your tailgate? Do you just have to show variance in each of the light indicators? Reverse, brake, etc... ?

laws

I would think that it is legal. I dont know why hidding your headlights is a big deal. I have family that are troopers and i will ask if you want but i ask him all kinds of stuff and he says it depends on the cercomstances of the officer pulling you over, and his mood.? Thats the way life is i guess. Its just like illegal lighting some will let it go and other will see that shit and be all up in your grille. see ya benc

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    Phantoms are illegal as hell here in PA. I have not been pulled over just for the grill yet though. Its been on a few months. Actually, ANYTHING that covers the headlight day or night is illegal.

Re: laws

Originally posted by secondwon
    I would think that it is legal. I dont know why hidding your headlights is a big deal. I have family that are troopers and i will ask if you want but i ask him all kinds of stuff and he says it depends on the cercomstances of the officer pulling you over, and his mood.? Thats the way life is i guess. Its just like illegal lighting some will let it go and other will see that shit and be all up in your grille. see ya benc
    i agrre it all depens on the cop because really any modification u do to a car is illegal specially in cali they like to fuck with people:smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker:

I use to run this shit- TUCKINRIMINS10's Avatar

Re: Re: laws

Originally posted by dopey27
    i agrre it all depens on the cop because really any modification u do to a car is illegal specially in cali they like to fuck with people:smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker:

Verry true!!!
    Don't Buy anything from uglyjed.. What a -fuckbag- he is.

Okay, so say i get pulled over and the pig gives me a ticket. What would i have to do? Take the phantom off and put stock on then get it checked off? Or is it just a fine?

if you get pulled over he will just give you a fix it ticket
    89 2dr Blazer
    -Engine- K&N FIPK, Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer, 700r4 w/ Corevette Servo and Stage 2 shift kit.
    -Exterior- Updated Chrome Grill, H4 Headlight kit, Clear Corners, Clear Bumper Lights, Euro's, Belltech 3/4, Eagle Alloys type 218 wrapped in BFG Rubber
    -Interior/Beats- !Coming Soon!

I dunno about that. I got a ticket for blue turnsignals and the cop gave me a fix it ticket. Well i got the orange bulbs and went down to the precint to get a cop to ok it. The pig said that since i knowingly changed it to something illegal its not a fixit ticket. Fix it tickets onlly apply to stuff it it is broken, not changed around

Round 300k & Still Kick'N
    UM ive seen old musle cars that had grill over the lights i think camero did it so why isnt that illegal???
    Black 1993 GMC Jimmy (4.3L)Flowmaster Exhaust, Heddman Hedders, Custom Intake, K&N FilterCharger Dats Really about it.

i got a ticket for the l.e.d.s i have in my roll pan because the cop said he couldnt see them from 300 feet

it all depends on the state laws and what cop pulls you over, My unlce the trooper says they have to be like 3in round for brake lights, and who really knows.?

cops are fuckin gay!

StateLaws???

Every one and they momma has an opinion and they can argue on why they think something is or isn't legal/ilegal...

Don't even play... Look on the net for you States D.O.T. page and find the laws. If you know a HWP, ask him/her to look in their book they keep.

I had the original clear tail lights, that look froted and whatnot with red bulbs. I asked when I got it inspcted it they were ok ad would fly. I was told yes by several people.

However, a week later I was pulled over by a HWP, who was actually cool. He explained to me that they were in fact Illeagal.

He showed me a small Missouri State Issued DOT law/Codes book.

It clearly stated that a moter vehicle must have tail lights that emit a red color visible no less than 300' Day or Night and also have a red reflector somewhere on it.
    Also, there must be a white reverse light for backing up. The only time said light can be visible is when vehicle is in reverse.

Also, rear plate must be lit witha white light.

He said to be safe any replacement/custom lights should have a "D.O.T. approved" stamped on them..

So, that is for Missouri, I can not speak for other places. Check for your own state, get a copy, keep in glove box or console.
    2000 S-10 Blaza, Wit sum Ghosty Flames sittin on sum Dubbs

IGuess every fn corvette ever made is i LLEGAL
    4x4 blazer 350 365 hp-700r street/strip conversion,megashifter,sanderson headers,oil pan, mounts, Holley 650, dual plane INTAKE,ACCEL HEI,alum radiator, NEW PAINT CAMILLION BLUE/ SILVER SS STRIPES

If the headlights aren't obstructed from thier proper projection height or distance. they can't say crap. take pictures at night showing your lights on and go to court. you'll beat it
    4x4 blazer 350 365 hp-700r street/strip conversion,megashifter,sanderson headers,oil pan, mounts, Holley 650, dual plane INTAKE,ACCEL HEI,alum radiator, NEW PAINT CAMILLION BLUE/ SILVER SS STRIPES