Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phantom Grilles Illegal? L.E.Ds ?

Well if you decide to get a Phantom grill they have one on ebay right now for a s10.
    Girl on 20s

www.LaTruckScene.com

I dont know shit about any other state, but I do know the rules here in Cali. I've had 4 tickets for my clears, all of which I beat. The DMV Vehicle Code actualy says that any modification to the original lighting equiptment is illegal (V.C. 26101). That makes even Euros illegal, but most cops dont even know about that law for some reason. Only 1 of the 4 times I got a ticket, was it for 26101. The most common problem is that the reflectors arent RED they are WHITE. You can pretty much get away with anything as long as you have somekind of red reflectors on the rear and red bulbs (including LEDs).
    Now phantom grills are totaly illegal. VC specificaly says nothing can cover the headlamps.
    None of these rules apply to a vehicle (Corvette, Camaro) if it comes stock that way.
    If you are going to shave your lights and install LED's, make sure you mount them at the proper hieght from the ground (in cali: above 15" & below 72") and that you use good quality LED strips (not AIM type shit). High Output LED can be seen from over a 1000 feet away (used in traffic lights now).

In my area, there are local County Sheriff and California Highway Patrol (CHP). Every ticket I have every recieved was from a CHP. I can drive by a Sheriff with my music up, bags down, and clear tails with NO PROBLEMS. It's so weird. The Sheriffs even make fun of the "Asshole CHP, that pick on the teenagers."
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

Hah, thanks for ALL the information. Very helpful.

Yes phantoms grilles ARE illegal in california, I used to have one on my s10 when I lived there, "You cannot have anything covering the headlight while it is needed for operation" Same thing with those smoked headlight cover

http://www.cardomain.com/id/1loblzr

3rd place Texas Heatwave 02 Mini SUV street, 1st place Texas Showdown 03 SUV Street, 2nd place Texas Heatwave 03 Mini SUV Full modified, 1st Place Rollout 2K3 SUV mild, 2nd place Houston Autorama semi mini sport wagon, 2nd place Dustoff 04 SUV Wild, 3rd lakefront tour 04, 1st heatwave 06, 2nd Dustoff 06

Hey smullen, what part of Missouri are you from?

=X=

Hey xrated, Where do you live in MO? My little bro lives in Nixa.

3rd place Texas Heatwave 02 Mini SUV street, 1st place Texas Showdown 03 SUV Street, 2nd place Texas Heatwave 03 Mini SUV Full modified, 1st Place Rollout 2K3 SUV mild, 2nd place Houston Autorama semi mini sport wagon, 2nd place Dustoff 04 SUV Wild, 3rd lakefront tour 04, 1st heatwave 06, 2nd Dustoff 06

And SlimGu3, where in Ca do you live?

I'm from Springfield...not far from Nixa at all...

=X=

My little brother has a bagged s10 with a solid bed shell and scallops off the front, ever seen it?

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    Originally posted by Randy2789
    i got a ticket for the l.e.d.s i have in my roll pan because the cop said he couldnt see them from 300 feet
    300 FEET ?!?!?! Why the fuck do you need to see the tail lights from 300 feet away...
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

No, I've never seen it...but I wish I would have. It looks pretty nice. I am actually from Republic, and there are a lot of mini trucks rollin around here. Unfortunatly they're all like Mazda B2400's or whatever with shoddy, non-clearcoated, air brush jobs. Your brother looks like he actually did things right.

=X=

Actually I did the paint before I sold it to him, He just did the bags and wheels

Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    cali. has some dickhead cops, down here in FLA. they don't really say shit to ya (excepts do apply for the pigs who wanna be assholes)
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

Phantoms should be legal, what about those cars that have the flip up head lights? I don't drive with them up in the day, same reason for the grill, they still shine through and don't effect anything.
    If you ain't draggin', then don't be braggin'.
    Go to Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.asp?ProfileID=5712 to see my truck.

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    Originally posted by DroppedmyS10
    they still shine through and don't effect anything.
    They do shine through just fine and dandy for you, but to other drivers it makes the headlights hard as hell to see. After I put my phantom on my S-10, I could barely even notice any difference in light on the road. But from any other angle the lights are tough to see. Most cars are lookin down onto the headlights through the grill. The width of the bars just gives it the optical illusion or something that they're covered more. That makes some people think you aren't shining as much light as you should straight. But you really are.

sorry if you read that.