Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: winter project updates!

winter project updates!

So the trucks been off the road for 2 weeks now and i find myself working to fast and finishing projects much faster then i think i will lol. anyways last weekend i swaped out the 3.8 fan for a dual 12" setup out of a 99 dodge intrepid with a 2.7. hooked them up on high and they most def. blow more air then the 3.8, plus cover the entire rad. but enough talking heres some pics!..... o ya, had a little dash squeek i couldnt find.

new fans.

cleaned up some wiring.

shaved firewall.

mojave heater!!!!!!

^ new headlight switch making its first appearance.

blower motor switch in the center console cubby

and i found the squeek

lol, more to come

is that a lumina wheel? looks great.

cavalier lol, mucch better then the factory semi wheel, plus it cost me 5 bucks at pick and pull.

looks good guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

Where's the pics of your led marker lights? Are your dual alts wired in parallel or is the larger one dedicated to the rear batt and audio?

Quote Originally Posted by blazin_jason View Post
    Where's the pics of your led marker lights? Are your dual alts wired in parallel or is the larger one dedicated to the rear batt and audio?
    i was gonna take a pic of my led marker and bumper lights, but teh battery is unhooked and i dont wanna hook it back up with the dash out and everything unplugged, thoes pics will come when the dash is back in. and the alt on the drivers side is a powermaster 140 amp, with a 1inch pulley on it, the alt on the pass side is off a cat. dozer, puts out 160A at 500rpm (engine speed) and is hooked up to the battery in the back that is used just for the stereo. i had a power master 200 amp alt, went through 5 within 6 months, so i got my money back and got that big bitch, things amazing.

yours looks like a mish mash of different vehicles like mine, I like it
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Quote Originally Posted by Forklift View Post
    yours looks like a mish mash of different vehicles like mine, I like it
    lol, a little vw and gm here, a little chrysler there. :P

2.8 liters of pure power! jasond's Avatar
    What year cavalier did you swipe that wheel from? I like the way that looks. :D

dont remember the exact year, outt a second gen i do believe, but possibly a first gen. and i have more updates! ill try and get this done before my laptop f%*ks up again.... damn pos.... any ways, on the holiday today i got the heating system all done, used a hand held butane torch with a plastic melting/welding tip to make the stock heater vents work, melted and used rivets on some plastic on the back side then used some 1 inch heater hose to put the stock ducting in. also took the rest of the factory wiring that is not needed (ended up with a bag full lol).

the vents all done.

the factory outlet put in the mojave plenum box and the 2.5 inch hole in the plenum covered up

and the duct running

thats it for now, might not have any new updtaes for a while depending how long it takes to get my laptop back seeing how they didnt fix anything the first time... some people just suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Turner View Post
    lol, a little vw and gm here, a little chrysler there. :P
    I got Caddy lights, Tahoe and Venture domelights?, dash parts from various S-series, an engine from a Caprice, strobes from a Crown Vic cop car,etc
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

hey man, where did you get the heater system?

Quote Originally Posted by Forklift View Post
    hey man, where did you get the heater system?
    got it from a local autoparts store (lordco). was on sale for 150 for the heater and 60 for the plenum. im really lookin forward to seeing what kinda heat this bitch pumps out.

ok cuz Summit is 200 plus 60

so this weekend made a fair amount of progress, got dash from my buddy with a 83 s10, i shaved and smoothed the front. the stock 4 smaller gauges holes were perfect size, but teh tach and speedo were 1/4 inch to big, so had to fill and redrill them. dash used to be top half black and bottom half blue. anyways on with the pics.

dash in the truck.

glove box and pass. heater vent shave, still needs minor sanding (lol)

gauges cluster smoothed, vent sahaved and headlight switch hole drilled in place, got a 3 3/8 tach coming to mach the rest and getting rid of the a piller tach in place for something else down the road ;)

well thats it for now, my gole is to have the gauge cluster in and computer mounted up some how so i can start the beast up next weekend.