Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lowered 4x4

Hybrid View

lowered 4x4

Are there a lot of people who drop 4x4's? I would like the 4x4 aspect but the look of a lowered truck. Opinions? Pics? post them if you have one. I had a Trailblazer SS AWD and I loved it. I would like to lower a 2 door 4x4. Some people don't think a 4x4 should be lowered and I understand but we get snow around here and if I have to be out I need to be able to get around. Thanks for your input.

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    I had my Blazer lowered 3 inches and the only problem was my wheels/tire combo was too big. It rubbed a good bit when turning but still rode fine and I didn't notice any binding of the half shafts or anything. I have since put the right size wheels/tires on and its great.

I don't have any shots with the other wheels yet.

What's the point of Lowering the 4x4 Truck? It's better in High Profile. I mean. yes.. Low porfile 4x4 looks cool. but High Profile 4x4 gives better performance off road.

Quote Originally Posted by s10blazed View Post
    I had my Blazer lowered 3 inches and the only problem was my wheels/tire combo was too big. It rubbed a good bit when turning but still rode fine and I didn't notice any binding of the half shafts or anything. I have since put the right size wheels/tires on and its great.

I don't have any shots with the other wheels yet.
    Negotiate Agreements

:boink::evil::smoker::nono:

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lboongon123 View Post
    What's the point of Lowering the 4x4 Truck? It's better in High Profile. I mean. yes.. Low porfile 4x4 looks cool. but High Profile 4x4 gives better performance off road.
    Purely aesthetics. http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76361

Quote Originally Posted by Lboongon123 View Post
    mines a AWD not a controlable 4x4 but the traction of AWD while being drop'd can be tons of fun and I don't get stuck in snow.

Registered User twistedwrenches's Avatar
    nice trucks everybody, i have a 94 4x4 ext cab 3" in the front and 3" blocks in the back but the end goal is to put hydraulics on it but having trouble mounting the cylinders in the front while keeping cvs in any sugggestions? any would be appreciated. had many 2 wheel drives but the 4x4 looks sooooo much cooler with the widestance lol, and is proving to be the hardest to figure out :huh:

Thats what I'm trying to figure out on my truck right now but I'm going with bags......with hydros tho have you thought about just mounting the lower point replacing the shock mount then build a bracket for the upper point, IDK just my 2 cents

my wifes dailt driver is a 99 dropped 3/4 w/stock wheels and tires. she drives it all winter in 4wd w/no problems

Quote Originally Posted by LowKeyblazer View Post
    my wifes dailt driver is a 99 dropped 3/4 w/stock wheels and tires. she drives it all winter in 4wd w/no problems
    What kind of lowering kit did you use? That sound like about the same amout I think I would go. Do you have any good pics of the way it looks? Thanks again.

spinldle drop with blocks *Blazin87*'s Avatar
    Nice

3.5" coilovers/ 3" blocks
    Otter fan club CEO

Originally posted by SpikesBlazin
    dont worry i like them black too. :omg:
    "A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in GOD."
    Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

Quote Originally Posted by jstblz View Post

GOOD LQQKING truck!!!!!!!!!! That's the look I want.

Quote Originally Posted by jstblz View Post

What kind of Coilovers did you use?

i dont have any good pics. in the front i turned out the torsion bar bolts, on 1 side i notched the crossmember to get it down as far as the other side. in the rear mine already sagged and i added 3" blocks and trimmed the factory snubbers down. stock shocks in the rear and napa monotubes in the front

oh yeah i forgot, i also used short snubbers in the front. bottoms out on occasion on big dips. get the stiffest shock you can on the front. the stock ones are worthless after the drop. and dont forget to realign it after the drop